We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hello,

My Template variables won’t save.
    Default values display properly, but when I change the value it doesn’t get saved.

For instance, I create a tv "test" which has text as input type. It’s default value is "one". When I try to edit and save that tv in document and put "two" in text field, it won’t get saved.
    The tv shows again the default value "one". So I can use tv only with default value.

I tried the trick that ZAP provided, but it doesn’t do any good.

My Environment
    MODx version: 0.9.6.1
    Apache server: 2.2.4
    PHP version: 5.2.2
    MySql version: 5.0.37
    Browser: FireFox 2.0.0.9
    Snippets,Plugins: using the default installation, everything else is working great, except tv
    • Are you using the Save button at the bottom of the page, or the main one at the top? I’ve sometimes had the button at the bottom not save TVs, while the one at the top would.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 7 Posts
        I use both buttons.
        • Does this occur with all TV types or just certain ones?
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 7 Posts
            I tried textbox, dropdown, image, checkbox. None of them works.
            What could be the problem?
            Everything else works like a charm, and MODx is really fantastic.

There must be a solution to this problem.
              • 100 Posts
              I have the same problem.
              When I create new TV and edit document, this TV does not save.
              But when I create new document, it works.

• 7 Posts
                That’s my case too.
                When I create a new document, TV does save.
                But if I edit previously created document, it doesn’t save.
                  • 956 Posts
                  I just tried out the 0.9.6.1 version on my WAMP setup, and noticed something similar: If my document is set to "cacheable", the manager will "hang" whenever I want to save my document. If it’s set to uncacheable, everything is saving as it should, incl. TVs.
                  • Quote from: ganeshXL at Nov 18, 2007, 03:39 PM

I just tried out the 0.9.6.1 version on my WAMP setup, and noticed something similar: If my document is set to "cacheable", the manager will "hang" whenever I want to save my document. If it’s set to uncacheable, everything is saving as it should, incl. TVs.
                    @ganeshXL: Can you provide more details on the document being saved, including the content being sent in the POST, the types of TV’s attached to the document, and any plugins you have installed that apply to the manager interface? Is anything in your web server’s error log at the slow down points? And also, details of the WAMP setup.
                      • 956 Posts
                      It’s a default installation of 0.9.6.1 on a Win XP machine with XAMPP 1.5.4
                      Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.1.6
                      MySQL - 5.0.24a-community

The TV is just a textarea. I entered a few words, sep. by commas (for tagging), that’s all.
                      TinyMCE is on. No extra modules or plugins installed, just the stuff that comes with the default install (incl. sample site). QuickEdit is disabled. Using 3 custom chunks (just regular HTML) in the template.
                      In other words: Really basic stuff, just a fresh install (no upgrade). Using a separate DB for 0.9.6.1.

I checked the Apache error.log file, but apart from system messages re: starting and shutting down the server via xampp-control.exe I don’t see anything that could possibly relate to MODx.

There’s also nothing in "system events" log in the manager.