We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 358 Posts
    Hi all testers of PPP.

I’d just notice that the demo wasn’t working correctly when adding images to your profile.

Should work now, sorry for that.

When I release the next version of PPP I’ll update the demo to better show how you could use PPP.

Note: In the released version picture handling is not yet enabled, will be in next version which hopefully will be released within a week.

/Anders
      • 358 Posts
      New version: PPP 0.2 beta

I have good news and bad news.

Bad news:
      * I haven’t had much time working with ppp, so I had to skip some of the planned stuff. If I hadn’t, this version would be released around summer 2008.
      * There are no security enhancements, I still hope that YOU will let me know if there are any dangerous code wink
      * I was hoping that I would have had time to show how to use Jot and other snippets together with ppp in my demo, unfortunately time is limited. Will do that later.
      * Last bad news: There are around 300 new lines of documentation for you to read! wink

Good news:
      * The new listing mode is pretty good, although a bit heavy on system resources (I think). It may also be a bit complicated to understand at first, but look at the listings demo and read the new documentation, and I’m sure you’ll get it.

New functionality in version 0.2 beta:

*** The new advanced user list / reports mode ***

There is an easy way of making user lists using the makeList parameter as described in the documentation for v 0.1 beta.

The disadvantage with that one is that you cannot choose fields to include, and there are almost no possibilities for your own formatting.

With the new advanced list mode you can freely specify fields you want to use, and through the use of template chunks you can format the user lists/reports in any way you want.

You can have multiple list in one ppp-call, just separate each list with a semi colon, ";".

With the new list mode you can list online users, users per group, choose field to order by, list user forgotten to fill in certain fields, list only users with pictures or with complete profiles and lots more.

*** Picture /files handling ***

As you may have seen on the demo page the user can now add pictures to his/her profile. Together with PHx and the new list mode you can create a (simple) community feeling.

*** Choose custom field type ***

This functionality was added by ProWebscape

Add &allowCustomColumns=`1` to your ppp call on your admin page to get an extra option for specifying custom fields type (for your custom table).

You can download the new version at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Upgrading:

Just overwrite the ppp.inc.php and ppp.resources.inc.php files. For a new install, see instructions in the zip-file.

Do not use ppp with 0.95rc2, use rc3 or later.

Be sure to make use of the eForm functionality for validation as the form input will be put into the database!

Thanks for reading! smiley

/Anders

ps Check the demo site for example use of the new functionality
        • 80 Posts
        Impressive! Thanks for this great snippet smiley
          • 7,075 Posts
          Great work, and nice documentation effort !

This will help me since I need to implement this on a live project smiley
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 358 Posts
            Thank you Nicpan and David!

Glad you like it, I’ve spent pretty much time developing it, I guess like 50 hours per person using it tongue

Let me know if you have any problems or need some new functionality.

I wish I knew how to make the code secure enough to release ppp to the repository... smiley
              • 264 Posts
              Quote from: davidm at Dec 04, 2006, 11:52 PM

This will help me since I need to implement this on a live project smiley
              Me too. Very nice snippet.
                • 66 Posts
                Very nice, Uncle! Just the snippet I needed wink Brilliant!
                Now, let’s say I want to change the value of a members custom field... Will I have to go through phpMyAdmin then, or could I simply do this through your snippet? Is there any way to put the custom fields into the managers Web User editing page? I’m planning to use it for my customer client area, which requires me to change the web user data more often than usual. I therefore need a simple way to do this.

Keep up the good work, Anders!

De beste norske hilsner fra,

Bjørn
                MODx-gjengen i Norge.
                  • 358 Posts
                  Hej Bjørn!

Glad you can have use of my snippet!

I never thought that anyone else but the user him/herself would need to change their profile, but I think your ideas are interesting! However, I have really much to do with holidays comming up, so time is limited at this moment.

But I’ll have a look at your suggestions in a week or two to see how this could be done! Until then phpMyAdmin is the choice I guess, but my intention with this snippet is definitely that you shouldn’t need to deal with the database yourself.

Also note that this snippet is a pre release and shouldn’t be used live. But if no one complains over security in PPP I might put it in repository.

Lycka till och varma hälsningar från Sverige! smiley

/Anders

• 66 Posts
                    Thanks for your answer, Uncle! Enjoy your holidays, don’t stress behind the computer when it’s christmas... As for myself, phpMyAdmin is okay for now smiley

God jul fra Norge, nabo!
                      • 898 Posts
                      I have been working a lot with ppp. I am working on adding a function where admins can edit a users info from the front part of modx (instead of through the backend).

Chuck
                        Chuck the Trukk
                        ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
                        - - - - - - - -
                        What are TV's? Here's some info below.
                        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
                        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008