We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 264 Posts
    Just my 2ç: It’s really impressive to me to watch this script growing. Keep the good work, guys!
      • 358 Posts
      I’ve been pretty quiet for a while, that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped develop PPP. Well, I have had a lot other to do latest days, but the work hasn’t stopped.

@ lukwe:

Actually, the point with this snippet is that you wouldn’t need to create separate pages for every user. I believe you could do most things you’ll want to do even with this approach. After next version I’ll update the demo using some other snippets to, to show how it could be done.

@ yoomai

Thanks, we’ll do out best wink

@ Chuck (ProWebscape)

I don’t know what your erased post was about, but for now I don’t see the use of other key fields than user id. However, I have some ideas where this could be useful, and I’ll look into that later.

@ All - Development update:

The pictures/files handling is almost done, have troubles with special letters in filenames though. And also, I must find a way to use it with safe mode restrictions. I guess that there still are plenty that run their sites under safe mode?

I have a new very nice listing mode where you can use a (row) template chunk, and therefore can use any fields with any layout. (Lots of other options too and allows multiple list on one page.)

Before releasing it I must rewrite the database call as it takes to much power at this moment. I’ve found my self a really good book about sql which I’m studying right now.

Also, there is still some security issues that needs to be handled before next release.
        • 36 Posts
        This looks like a really nice Snippet/Extension... But what i’m wondering is if it uses the already existing ModX Webusers? So if I would use this extension would the users end up in the web users table and can I use different groups to place them in and give them rights to certain pages?

I’m not afraid of programming/contributing this myself, but before i’m putting lots of time and effort in it i’d like to know if it is do-able.
          • 358 Posts
          Yes, it uses the web user tables. The site designer should use the inbuilt tables where possible, and only use the extra custom table when there is no field available in web_user_attributes.

The way PPP currently works is that the web user first register for an account the "usual" way with the web sign up snippet.

After that they can enter information in more fields at your choice, both from the inbuilt web user tables and from one custom table where you define the fields you want the user to fill in. You can use as many forms as you wish, but PPP currently only can be called one time per page.

There is no way to "autosign" webusers to another user group after posting to the "second registration page", but in my plans are to add more functions like these, and also to let the user make their initial sign up through PPP. Until then you’ll have to assign web users to groups manually or by your own code. (This doesn’t apply to the initial sign up with web sign up snippet, there you can set groups as you wish.)

At this moment I’m not skilled enough to code that, it’s pretty importand I don’t mess around with inbuilt tables until I really know what I’m doing.

And also, please not that this snippet isn’t yet meant for using in a live site. Hopefully the version after the next one will be good enough to use live.
            • 36 Posts
            Thanks a lot, i’m going to use your code as a source of knowledge to build my own scripts on. I think it would be fairly easy to adjust the "normal" signup form with a field where users can choose their usertype and thus link them to their respective group when te form get’s posted. I’ll have a look into it smiley
              • 358 Posts
              Yes, that should be fairly easy. It’s pretty easy to modify the web signup snippet, the big problems comes when trying to make a generic solution for other to use smiley

Feel free to post any code that you come up with which could help us improve PPP. smiley

Good luck!
                • 898 Posts
                Anders,

I would love to see your listing function. I have been working on that all night and didn’t get anywhere.

My call was:
                $wua_table = $modx->getFullTableName('web_user_attributes');		
                $ppp_table = $modx->getFullTableName($ppp_useTable);

$select = 'wua.*, ppp.*';
                $from = $ppp_table . ' ppp';
                $join = ' LEFT JOIN ' .$wua_table. ' wua ON wua.internalKey = ppp.webuser';

//$sql2 = 'SELECT * FROM ' . $wua_table . ' , ' . $ppp_table;
                	$rs = $modx->db->select($select, $from . $join, '', '', '');

$userListings = $modx->db->makeArray($rs);

//loop through each row
                	foreach ($userListings as $users) {

//loop through each field in row
                		foreach ($users as $key => $value) {
                				//echo $key.'='.$value.'<br/>';
                				$modx->setPlaceholder($key, $value);
                				$modx->putChunk('testMyList');
                		}
                	}

The table call worked well, but I couldn’t get the placeholders to work.

For the other code I sent you, sorry about that. I ended up creating another function called anonUpdate where anonymous users could post.

Chuck
                  Chuck the Trukk
                  ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
                  - - - - - - - -
                  What are TV's? Here's some info below.
                  http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
                  http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
                  • 358 Posts
                  Chuck, relax, I have a pretty good solution! I think you’ll love it!

I’ll send you the code by mail, it’s pretty long. But I’ll wait for an answer on this post, this is the last piece I need to solve, then I’m done with the listing mode.

Don’t try to use that code though, it’s not all of the call, just a part of it.

Ok, I’ll delete the code you sent without looking into it laugh

EDIT: Actually, I have two new listing modes, which totals to three. Simple, normal and advanced smiley
                    • 101 Posts
                    I am looking forward to continued development of this snippet.
                    May I suggest a more literal name for the snippet like "myProfile"

Is there a way to do the following?

Board Members
                    - user1
                    - user2
                    - user3

Staff
                    - user4
                    - user5

Please keep up the great work!

Gary

• 358 Posts
                      Quote from: gcruz at Nov 22, 2006, 04:59 AM
                      May I suggest a more literal name for the snippet like "myProfile"
                      Gary, that would be o good name. smiley

At this moment I’m not exactly sure what this snippet will end up as. Could be used for other things than user profiling.
                      Could also stay as just some kind of tutorial or example on how to play around with users.

We could have a vote for the name later if this snippet becomes really useful smiley

And yes, I’m working with the list mode right at this moment, and the solution you ask for will be possible.