We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    Hi,

great you seem to get it allmost running. I seem to have password length problems, when syncing.
    Anyway, the problems you mentioned did not arise in my 2 installs.
    I followed these guidlines:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=14143.0

Maybe worth a try?

Best, Frank.
      • 27 Posts
      Thanks for the help!

I solved it by editing the module configuration. For the "Default Group" parameter I typed in the membergroup I created for everyone on that forum. Now they’re all added to the membergroup automatically when it syncs.

The page you mentioned was helpful during installation, but I had display problems. I deviated from the step by step, the content of my forum/calendar page is one line of code:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="1000" src="forum/index.php?action=calendar" width="1000"></iframe>

This frame worked perfectly, and the SMF Calendar sits snugly in the body of one of my pages.
        • 297 Posts
        Quote from: mIDO at Nov 03, 2009, 01:21 PM

This integration using: evo 1.0.1 and SMF 1.1.10 has a lot of fails.
        Installation error message
        Error page on saving module configuration.
        Error on running module.
        Will this module be continued? Is anyone developing something? If not, i’ll thing rewriting a new one...

• 1,024 Posts
          Hi all,

is there a way to disable sync and the registration hijack that the bridge does. I dont want a modx registration for SMF.

tnx, Frank.
            • 1,024 Posts
            Quote from: mIDO at Nov 03, 2009, 01:22 PM

Quote from: mIDO at Nov 03, 2009, 01:21 PM

This integration using: evo 1.0.1 and SMF 1.1.10 has a lot of fails.
            Installation error message
            Error page on saving module configuration.
            Error on running module.
            Will this module be continued? Is anyone developing something? If not, i’ll thing rewriting a new one...

I have no problems with both releases, get one error on bridge install but the rest works fine.
              • 103 Posts
              I had no problems either, but some users had problem with loggin in and out...
                Impossible is nothing - with ModX
                • 42 Posts
                I’m having a few user-related issues.

The first being that newly registered users aren’t being synchronized into SMF.

The second is that the "logout" button on the forum page doesn’t work and just redirects to a modx page where I set it up that users can logout for now.
                  • 84 Posts
                  jeez can someone help me? im looking for a mod which integrates modx with SMF - BUT I have allready installed SMF before Modx, so that makes it all difficult ...Is this the right modifcation for that? huh
                    Mysql 5.1.52
                    Apache 2.2.17
                    PHP 5.2.12
                    Linux
                    • 84 Posts
                    I need help with this mod, i want to make my smf login integrated with modx login, more info here http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,48991.0.html
                      Mysql 5.1.52
                      Apache 2.2.17
                      PHP 5.2.12
                      Linux
                      • 3 Posts
                      Can someone help me please. I’ve got this error when I try to access Administrator center inside SMF connector module.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smf_loginbyid() in /home/skalphuk/public_html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.admin.class.inc.php on line 36

But Synchronize Users is working fine. Also this working perfect on my local machine but when we upload to the Live server that error show up.

Please help thanks