We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Looks like you left the plugin or module in the database and just deleted all the files.
      • 1,024 Posts
      hmm, I gave the SMF a prefix and dropped that part, however the module ro plugin as you wriite, not really.
      Will have a look at all the tables and drop what I find obstructive.
      • Quote from: az1ynn at Feb 29, 2008, 07:23 AM

Hi all...

Im having problem when installing the SMF_Forum_Integration_1.0 , Ive install the modX 0.9.6 successfully. Can anyone help me to fix the following error.

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Warning: main(../manager/includes/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\appserv\www\mambov4\smf_module\upload these files\install\instprocessor.php on line 14

Warning: main(): Failed opening ’../manager/includes/config.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;c:\php4\pear’) in c:\appserv\www\mambov4\smf_module\upload these files\install\instprocessor.php on line 14

Creating connection to the database: Database connection failed!

Please check the database login details and try again.

I think that you don’t have to create the folder "upload these files/". Just upload the files in the order as they are in folders (ex. upload file instprocessor.php into the "install/" folder on your server
          BASE - Web Design Studio
          MODX Ambassador

Website
          • 1,024 Posts
          Quote from: Frank at Mar 07, 2008, 09:16 PM

hmm, I gave the SMF a prefix and dropped that part, however the module ro plugin as you wriite, not really.
          Will have a look at all the tables and drop what I find obstructive.

Appeared I completly forgot to delete the plugin indeed, resolved.
            • 156 Posts
            Quote from: pixelranger at Feb 28, 2008, 08:28 AM

I’m getting the following errors:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smf_loginbyid() in /data/newca/public_html/newcanadian/assets/modules/smforum/smf.admin.class.inc.php on line 36

and

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smf_registermember() in /home/ccwmorg/public_html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.sync.class.inc.php on line 114

what’s wrong?
            MODX 9.6.1
            SMF bridge 1.0 for SMF 1.1.4

help, please
            • Is there anyway to have this mod not only sync username but the passwords as well? It doesn’t seem to do anything about transferring passwords over to the modx user list.
                Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
              • Quote from: rossco at Mar 12, 2008, 07:08 PM

Is there anyway to have this mod not only sync username but the passwords as well? It doesn’t seem to do anything about transferring passwords over to the modx user list.
                No, I believe that’s why this was abandoned by the original developer; the SMF salt makes it difficult if not impossible to use the same password or something. I may be wrong, but sure seems like that was the problem.
                  • 37 Posts
                  I have this solution working almost 100%. The only thing I am running into is that GUESTS can’t view the boards properly. They click on a category and it says it doesn’t exist. However if a logged in user clicks it, it functions fine. Other than this problem, all is working great.

Any help though? Anyone ran into this?
                    • 159 Posts
                    Hi,
                    Good to hear that you have "almost" everything working at 100%. laugh
                    I’m very curious to find out how you got the users synchronized. For instance, when I create a web user in MODx, it gets added to SMF but the password and email fields are not carried over. I tried several things (changing the webloginpe.class and the event OnWebUserSave since I’m using webloginPE to register users but to no avail)

I’m basically stuck now. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks
                      • 27 Posts
                      Hey nice place you got here wink

I just installed SMF and the module, which worked very well grin

Only one issue... all of the users were migrated to SMF, and none of them have permission to do anything other than view boards. They actually have fewer permissions than the public, they can’t even view the calendar!

I can fix this user by user... I created a new membergroup and set the permissions to "Standard" Only issue is that takes a lot of time to do this username by username, and every time we get a new member.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks!!!