We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    Any progress with this?

I have been following this project for 9 months, at least 6 of those have seen the discuss forums working on modx.com

When is there going to be a release date?

• If I recall correctly the reason it's not being released is due to time constraints (preventing them from supporting it). In addition there are still bugs that need to be addressed with the system.

If you would like to use it currently, you would need to work with a MODX Partner, granted I don't know that we have the most recent version.

I hope that helps some. If any MODX guys come across this please correct me if I am wrong.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Is there any way we can get the Discuss package/files at all? We have a client who requires a forum and ideally really want to use "Discuss" as there main site will be built on ModX. We are happy to post any bug fixes we make.
        • Hello,

I think the only way to get Discuss at this point in time is through a MODX Partner, and even then I am unsure how current our version is in comparison with the forums.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 3 Posts
            Thanks. We are happy just getting our hands on any version at the moment and happy to weed out any bugs. Our client only requires very basic forum functionality. I know I am being cheeky but is there any way we could get hold of the Discuss package from you? We are currently in the process of becoming a MODX Partner but as yet are not.
              • 5 Posts
              We are waiting to have any of the forum add-on to work with the modx revo...
              There are few for modx evo but nothing yet for revolution.
              Unfortunate situation as revolution is for advanced users but there is no add-on for a forum.
              What a shame..
              :)
              • You can integrate a forum application with Revolution just as well as you can with Evolution. Revolution may provide features for more advanced users than Evolution did, but it is in no way limited to Advanced Users and all the same less-advanced things users could do in Evolution, they can do in Revolution.
                • Actually with the different user management subsystem, it's easier to integrate a forum into Revo than it is in Evo.

In either case, Vanilla has a very nice single-sign-on feature.
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • 5 Posts
                    @opengeek I appreciate your response on my comment.
                    If you can give some example of a good add-on for a forum will be great.

I have experienced some modx evo add-ons which are not working in revo.
                    So do you know any working modx evo forum add-on which works with revo as well...?

@sottwell thanks for your suggestion I will take a look on that.
                    But what I really need is a snippet or snippets which cloud perfectly work under modx.

I hope the "Discuss" plugin will do the work that I wanted but we can't see the release date or alpha, beta or any relase of that plugin but the documentation.

That was the reason for my above comment.
                    • @tharindu.r,
                      just asking, from which CMS/platform are you come from?
                        Rico
                        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
                        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.