We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 94 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Dec 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Ok, CacheMaster 1.0.2-beta1 has been released.

http://modx.com/extras/package/cachemaster

http://bobsguides.com/cachemaster-tutorial.html

Let me know how it works for you.

Will do. I appreciate it.
      • 322 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Dec 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
      Ok, CacheMaster 1.0.2-beta1 has been released.
      Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This works great.
        • 212 Posts
        Hi Bob, thanks a lot for developing this very important functionality.

A donation (via your site) will follow!!!

Thanks a lot again (and also for your very good presentations on MODXpo in Utrecht!
          • 212 Posts
          Since we already removed 'clear cache on save' by 'form customization' do we have to expect any problems when using simultaneously CacheMaster?
          • You could create a new property set and set uncheckEmptyCache to yes. Then it would always only clear the resource cache. If the site needed cleared, it can be done through the menu (I like to make a clear cache top level menu item so it's one click instead of two).

If &uncheckEmptyCache is set to Yes, CacheMaster will clear the "Empty Cache" checkbox — when the Create/Edit Resource panel is loaded. If you leave it unchecked and save the Resource, the cache for the resource will be cleared and the site cache will not. If you do want the site cache cleared, you need to manually check the "Empty Cache" checkbox yourself.

I'm also liking the refreshCache snippet. When I'm done working, I run it, walk away. Site gets cached, and all is well till I clear it again.
              Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
              "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
              Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • 212 Posts
              Quote from: frogabog at Dec 15, 2012, 11:54 PM
              If the site needed cleared, it can be done through the menu (I like to make a clear cache top level menu item so it's one click instead of two).

Or just hit instead Ctrl+Shift+u smiley [ed. note: lettis last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
                • 24,544 Posts
                Quote from: lettis at Dec 15, 2012, 11:30 PM
                Since we already removed 'clear cache on save' by 'form customization' do we have to expect any problems when using simultaneously CacheMaster?

I don't think so, but let me know if you see any problems.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 212 Posts
                  Hi Bob,
                  do you think it is easy to realize this selective cache clearance for chunks and snippets, too? Especially snippets often belong to only one resource making no sense to refresh the whole cache when modifying a certain snippet.

Btw: Since we installed the CacheMaster-Plugin working with modx is really perfect!

Letti

• 24,544 Posts
                    It should be possible for chunks and snippets. I'll check into it when I have time.
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                      • 212 Posts
                      Thanks a lot in advance for your work!