We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,213 Posts
    Quote from: MrDutchy at Aug 08, 2006, 08:02 PM

... I went on and grabbed the web developer and IE Tab plugins for FireFox which indeed seem to be pretty useful ...
    If you do any javascript coding, you might find firebug extension to be extremely helpfull too (I know I have). And livehttpheaders might come handy. Also, to improve surfing around forums/mailing lists i’ve found linkification to be a great help. But now before I turn this into never ending talk about FF extensions, I’ll stop. If someone want’s to make a new thread for that subject, I’ll be happy to continue.. I’d like to see what extensions you people use.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
      • 10 Posts
      I use Opera 9 in conjunction with FF. I wonder why opera does not take over the world. It is such a great browser. I get the most important feeds with Opera and emails too. No need to have 3, 4 progs open... all under one hud here in my Opera.
      Somehow i got the impression Opera is the most underestimated Browser ever.
        • 3 Posts
        I love using Opera (9.01) too, and its my normal browser for surfing. But it can’t handle the Modx-Manager so I need to use Firefox for working with the manager. sad
          • 10 Posts
          i am absolutely new to ModX. Which ModX Manager you are talking about?
            • 3 Posts
            where you create new documents, and so on. its called manager here. laugh "ModX Login" or so.
              • 10 Posts
              Quote from: Suikoden at Sep 09, 2006, 04:52 PM

where you create new documents

Are you talking about ModX backend? I just ask because i do not like switching browser just to login to a CMS.
                • 3,975 Posts
                If you dont want to use RTE (Rich Text Editor) like FCKeditor or TinyMCE, then I guess you dont have to switch to Firefox from Safari. Its a problem with RTEs mainly, as far as I know.
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • Zi - aren’t we talking about Opera here? tongue

Anyway, the latest SVN build seems to behave a bit better with Opera 9 (for Mac anyway, not tested on Win yet) - there only seems to be a few display problems with the top menu bar, but functionally, its all working.

EDIT: Same minor problem on Opera for Win as well.
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 3,975 Posts
                    oh yes! Garry smiley

but since Opera 9.0 it got better, though I dont use it much... but I must say, its fast! wink
                      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                      • 13 Posts
                      I’m a Opera (8.52) user , even if there are some problems while displaying CSS. I’m also using Firefox 1.5 for testing purposes.

But for me a browser needs to implement a little more, e.g. a mail-client. Is there any mail-client for Firefox? Or did I overlook until yet?