We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    Quote from: ScottyDelicious at Nov 13, 2005, 05:58 AM

I was a Safari man until a week or two ago when I saw your post Susan. I have fully transitioned to FireFox (1.5bRC2) with the web developer extension. Now, I don’t know how I debugged my CSS without it!

-sD-

I admin that the webdeveloper ext is cool on firefox but I wouldn’t prefer firefox over safari only because of that lol, Safari beats firefox hands down, its 100% more stable than any browser on the planet. Still, I can see your point of view re: the developer ext but most of those things I can still do without firefox, its too much bells and whistles if you ask me, you may save a few seconds, just as easy to open the style sheet and work on things. I guess one good thing in using FF is that more people are using this browser so if you can design for ff you’ll be ahead in the game but then you find that FF on mac is not the same as FF on pc, 10 different monitors 10 different variations of FF. I wish they would at least improve FF with every new release aside from adding a billion extensions whoppee more things to weigh it down. I want Speed and foxes are suppose to be fast not slow as snails laugh
      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
    • FF latest stable-release build for Intel is fast as heck on my mini.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Now for some real stats from the server logs:

Browser:
        Firefox 57.6 %
        MS IE 23.9 %
        Safari 5 %
        Mozilla 4.8 %
        Opera 3.5 %

Platform:
        Windows 79.5 %
        Macintosh 11.5 %
        Linux 5.1 %
        Unknown 3.1 %
        Symbian OS 0.2 %
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 680 Posts
          I use firefox primarily. But I actually have every major rendering engine at my fingertips on Ubuntu.

FF 1.5
          Opera 8.5
          Konqueror 3.5 (same engine as Safari)
          and IE 6 (thanks to wine and IEs 4 Linux)

My Windows partition is starting to get dusty smiley
            • 7,075 Posts
            Interresting stuff, had to be expected there would be few IE users (though 23% is still too high !)...
            One thing surprises me : the low percentage of Linux users, could have been expected from advanced users/geeks/coders...

Quite a share of Mac users there too... but also expected.

Quote from: rthrash at May 10, 2006, 04:51 PM

Now for some real stats from the server logs:

Browser:
            Firefox 57.6 %
            MS IE 23.9 %
            Safari 5 %
            Mozilla 4.8 %
            Opera 3.5 %

Platform:
            Windows 79.5 %
            Macintosh 11.5 %
            Linux 5.1 %
            Unknown 3.1 %
            Symbian OS 0.2 %
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 3 Posts
              On the PC I always use Firefox, but on the Mac it really varies Camino was a favourite for a while and I have recently been trying Shiira which seems good so far.
                [font=Impact]The Flyer Wall
                • 7,075 Posts
                Didn’t know Shiira, features seem pretty nice (tab exposé, page transitions... thanks for the tip to the new Mac user that I am !
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 1 Posts
                  Flock
                    • 356 Posts
                    I hear on the Safari end if you want a more custom Safari to download webkit, also there is sort of a web developer tool in the works for safari, I think its called webdevadditions. Apparently the Safari webkit can be customed to however you want it to be, haven’t tried it yet.
                      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
                      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
                      • 354 Posts
                      Quote from: zi at Aug 31, 2005, 06:42 PM

This poll/thread is for amusement purpose only...

For an amusement thread it has been actually pretty informative for me so far laugh ... I went on and grabbed the web developer and IE Tab plugins for FireFox which indeed seem to be pretty useful.

I have been using FF’s windows build ever since 1.0 . I cannot confirm any stability or speed issues that some people are complaining about in this thread and in others. Not in the current version and not in any of the past versions have i ever had that kind of issues. But then again i guess the windows build might be done with more care because of the broad audience of users (like the trouble susan described for the mac version seems to prove).