We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • You can remove what you're not using from the css. All the js and jquery is separated in the template as well. You can use Orbit by itself outside of Foundation if you like, just pluck out the Orbit css, jquery.foundation.orbit.js, and app.js.

Flexibility is only using forms, nav-bar, buttons, reveal-modal, the basic grid, search, and basic styling from the foundation.css. You can take or leave most everything else, and of course overwrite any of that in style.css. The important bit for MODX is Flexibility's template, chunks, and TV's.

I'm working on integrating the alternate templating from Foundation in a Flexibility/SASS local install. Looks like one can do some serious taking or leaving from the whole platform by only using selected SASS imports.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 20 Posts
      hey all.. i just made a fresh install of latest modx and latest flexibility. how do i actually add the images to the slider. i saw site settings / template variables hovering gives code and default; clicking does nothing

Slider items The items in the slider

how do i add slides

thanks
      • The site settings page (resource - usually ID 11 on a fresh install) has the MIGX TV for entering the slider slides.

All the other global TV's are assigned to this resource and it's template as well.

If the MIGX TV isn't working on the site settings page, it's likely due to the older version of MIGX in the Flexibility package. You can uninstall MIGX and re-install the latest version without losing the TV or it's original slider images. A page refresh after a good deep clearing of the core/cache folder's files should pop it up.

MIGX is also only partly installed with Flexibility. Follow the installation instructions for MIGX from the rtfm documentation to fully and properly install MIGX. [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • 20 Posts
          Quote from: frogabog at Nov 24, 2012, 10:40 PM
          The site settings page (resource - usually ID 11 on a fresh install) has the MIGX TV for entering the slider slides.

All the other global TV's are assigned to this resource and it's template as well.

If the MIGX TV isn't working on the site settings page, it's likely due to the older version of MIGX in the Flexibility package. You can uninstall MIGX and re-install the latest version without losing the TV or it's original slider images. A page refresh after a good deep clearing of the core/cache folder's files should pop it up.

MIGX is also only partly installed with Flexibility. Follow the installation instructions for MIGX from the rtfm documentation to fully and properly install MIGX.

sounds like a plan will do later and get back with result--thanks very much
            • 20 Posts
            well i uninstalled/reinstalled migx although it said it was the latest verion and still nothing. I installed locally on wamp and it works so must be a hosting problem right or could it be be softaculous installation is the culprit. I think i will install modx manually because it think my host has most everything anyone need enabled.
            • Softaculous installations are known to be problematical.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 20 Posts
                Quote from: sottwell at Nov 25, 2012, 05:09 AM
                Softaculous installations are known to be problematical.

hey S. sottwell-hope everything is cool over there..did the manual install [all green checks] and still no good--also did manual on a completely different host and no good too. the site settings is greyed out but even if i show it still nothingshowing up to add slider image. did nothing different on the local wamp install and it works fine same download and everything
                  • 20 Posts
                  could it be permissions issue. my host [stablehost dot com] is monitoring this as they are on top of support issues like nobody's business.thee best. i need to go to bed. maybe it will come to me in my dreams, but I doubt it

I also did not really look at the migx install like i was instructed.let me do that tomorrow and get back

actually i just did the MIGX from the rtfm documentation full install deal and did not help..night night.. [ed. note: rockstar last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
                  • Do you see the other TV's on the site settings resource? Its greyed out because its a hidden page. Its supposed to be greyed.

You are opening the resource, correct? Tvs are either in the tv tab, or below the content area.
                      • 92 Posts
                      I have updated Flexibility 2.0.8 to 3.0.3 my slider is functioning (www.ceciliahandel.nl) as it did in 2.0.8. Opening site settings (resource 11) and looking in the Template Variables doesn't show a box in the slider items where you can put the pictures as it used to be.
                      In the package management I have got MIGX 2.0.1 and migx 2.3.2 so with and without capitals. Momentary I am not able to add a picture to the slider.