We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • When I added it, I got an extra line under each menu item too but I chalked it up to my Foundation version. I haven't been able to implement 3.3 because it messes up the dropdowns (as does compiling and minimizing js). I need to get my kid's ipod and check out the display. On Android, I see no dropdowns but I'm not even sure they're supposed to drop down.

I'm also having some page speed issues. Interestingly enough, not on mobile. Site is nice and fast on mobile. Wonder what that indicates? Maybe if I could figure that out, I'd figure out why it's like molasses loading up in a desktop browser.

I also have a test install of 3.3 on MODX Cloud with gorked dropdowns now. This issue comes and goes. I saw it when I first installed one particular site, ended up x'ing the whole thing and re-installed Flexibility on a fresh 2.2.5, then uploaded the db which has worked just fine unless I compress js or upgrade to 3.3. It's driving me nuts because I really don't want all those js files to remain separate.

Did you check at Git, or Google Groups for your iPad menu issue? Foundation I mean, not Flexibility.
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 92 Posts
      I checked at Git, Google Groups and tried to find a solution, I will put an issue on Github and ask if anybody knows how to put the flyout-toggle in Wayfinder without the extra square in the submenu.

I found this http://www.getfuelcms.com/forums/discussion/894/flyover-flyout-mouseover-dropdown-navigation-menus-using-the-fuel-navigation-module/p1 but I don't know how to put this
      $('.nav-bar .flyout').before('<a href="#" class="flyout-toggle"><span> </span></a>');

in jQuery. Maybe it could be a solution.

The site is in Revo 2.2.4 and Flexibility 3.0.3 I have got no other problems.

The page speed is indeed slow, after I put in xFPC the pages are loading much faster, but they have to be opened once. After emptyind the cache in MODX they have to be opened again.
      • What would happen if you had this in the css
        .flyout-toggle span display:none;
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 92 Posts
          Nothing happened.
            • 86 Posts
            Guys! I tested on my iPhone and iPad and the dropdown menu does not work. I'm using Flexibility 3.0.5-rc. Any help on this? Thanks.
              I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
              • 92 Posts
              If you put this in your row Tpl:

<!-- rowTpl -->
              <li[[+wf.id]] class="[[+wf.classnames]]">
              <a href="[[+wf.link]]" title="[[+wf.title]]" [[+wf.attributes]] >[[+wf.linktext]]</a>
              <a href="[[+wf.link]]" title="[[+wf.title]]" class="flyout-toggle"><span></span></a>
              [[+wf.wrapper]] 
              </li>

it will function.
              • And with that... my menus now dropdown on android too.

Thank you Showa, I wasn't aware you'd found the holy grail solution. Did you submit it to Menno, or fork on Git?
                  Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                  "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                  Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                  • 92 Posts
                  It functions but I am not happy with the extra fields which are added.
                  I already posted the solution I found here:
                  http://forums.modx.com/thread/81142/zurb-foundation-wayfinder-ipad-iphone-issue?page=2#dis-post-447589
                  and in answer #38 in this thread I only added this: [[+wf.link]]" title="[[+wf.title]] instead of #.

I will send a mail to Menno.

I am trying to add a top bar as seen in the zurb foundation site and/or the little sidebar button which functions on small screens.
                    • 33 Posts
                    First off Im a huge fan of this template. I love it have "played" with it for some time across at least 2 versions now. Thanks Menno for sharing!!

Thanks Showa26 for coming up with this fix, though not perfect, for Ipad and touch screens.

As Im playing with the menu playing with different ways to try and fix the "extra" menu item we keep getting... I noticed something and wonder if others are noticing the same. The Sub Sub menu is missing or not displaying.

Not a deal breaker for me, but I thought it interesting that it wont display. I have the flexibility 1.0 which has a similar wayfinder call and sub sub menus display no problem. But have noticed with the sub sub menu doesnt show. I have looked at a fresh install of the flexibility package and by default sub sub pages are added but not displayed in the menu. www.krullon.com example. Sub page 2 should show the 2 sub sub pages.

The default wayfinder call has not been changed.
                    [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`rowTpl` &innerTpl=`innerTpl` &outerTpl=`outerTpl` &outerClass=`nav-bar` &innerClass=`flyout` &parentClass=`has-flyout`]]

Though in the Mobile_nav it shows up.
                    [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`0` &outerTpl=`navMobileOuterTpl` &rowTpl=`navMobileRowTpl` &hereTpl=`navMobileHereTpl` &innerRowTpl=`navMobileInnerRowTpl` &innerHereTpl=`navMobileInnerHereTpl`]]

Even adding the &level=`0` parameter doesnt seem to fix this. Anyone else notice this? Solution?
                      • 92 Posts
                      The menu problem is solved by mmcgee.
                      See this: http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=81142&page=2