We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 118 Posts
    Installed 1.0.6-pl to not so clean install. Everything works fine.

But I have user with limited rights in system. Now user can edit and see everything. Is there a solution for this or what is causing that thing?

ACL and custom form settings are there but without effect. [ed. note: valokammi last edited this post 12 years, 6 months ago.]
      Tassu, webmaster of Valokammi
      • 118 Posts
      Strange happens when publish any other resource but mainpage with homepage tpl, footer disppears in all templates.

Code ok, contents enpty. When only mainpage is published footer is ok.
        Tassu, webmaster of Valokammi
        • 180 Posts
        hi !

i'm trying to implement the menu with wayfinder and Foundation navigation but i have some problems smiley

in your code, i found only two Tpl's for the menu :

rowTpl

<!-- rowTpl -->
        <li[[+wf.id]] class="[[+wf.classnames]]">
        <a href="[[+wf.link]]" title="[[+wf.title]]" [[+wf.attributes]]>[[+wf.linktext]]</a>
        [[+wf.wrapper]]
        </li>

innerTpl

<!-- innerTpl -->
        <ul class="sublist [[+wf.classnames]]">
        [[+wf.wrapper]]
        </ul>

but in the wayfinder call, there are more :

[[!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`rowTpl` &innerTpl=`innerTpl` &outerTpl=`outerTpl` &outerClass=`top-bar` &innerClass=`flyout` &parentClass=`has-flyout`]]

in the new version of Foundation, the css code changed to nav class : top-bar to manage the menu.
        Did you adapt it ?

do you have some informations to give us ?

thank you very much !
        • The menu actually works nicely with exactly what you're showing.

outerClass=`top-bar` handles the top-bar class.

outerTpl isn't necessary. The menu works without it because Wayfinder assumes:
          <ul>[[+wf.wrapper]]</ul>
          when it's not included, and of course the same when it is included, but no chunk exists.

Are you getting no output at all?

try sticking this in somewhere (sidebar maybe) and see if you get any output. It should just be an unordered vertical list with all sub-pages from the root. If not, then look at Wayfinder. Maybe it didn't get installed well.

[[!Wayfinder? 
          &startId=`0` 
          &innerTpl=`innerTpl` 
          &rowTpl=`rowTpl`]]

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 1 Posts
            First of all compliments, this is really a nice package. Keep on!

FYI I've run into several issues with PHP 5.4 (on an IIS 7.0 machine). First I had to set the debug variable to 0, to get rid of a missing class "configs" in modsnippet - looks like a MYSQL PDO issue.

Second the install is not running cleanly, a lot of errors pop up. Third access to the "Site settings" site for the slider images was only partly possible.

To late for the details now (most important: look into mysql PDO), but just to tell you that turning the machine back to PHP 5.3.13 solved really all issues...
              • 77 Posts
              Hi Menno, hey quick question by default, is the contact form page using formit set to actually send an email someplace, or is there a place in the MODX control panel to see results that have been submitted?

I submitted a test contact form and got a 'Thank You' response in return, wasn't sure if anything was actually processed?

thanks,
              -crssp
                MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
              • It's set with getResources to pull the email from the site settings resource (id 11 on a fresh install).

If you want to use another email address, say one that you can enter specifically on any resource in the email TV, change the getResources call in the contactform chunk to
                &resources=`[[*id]]`
                instead of
                &resources=`11`
                . Then add the email TV to the Flexibility template so it shows on all the resources.
                  "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                  • 77 Posts
                  Awesome thanks, looks like I didn't complete all the items in the package readme, or I would of had that one covered:
                  https://github.com/DESIGNfromWITHIN/Flexibility

ADDING AND CHANGING CONTENT
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your MODX website needs three main thing:

1. A Logo.
                  - Add this under "Resources" > "Site settings" > "Template Variables" tab > "Logo"

2. E-mail adress for the contact form.
                  - Add this under "Resources" > "Site settings" > "Template Variables" > "Email adress for the contactform"

3. Content for the footer.
                  - Select how many footer boxes you want under "Resources" > "Site settings" > "Template Variables" > "Footer boxes"
                  - Add content for each footer box under "Resources" > "Site settings" > "Template Variables" > "Footer-content box 1", "Footer-content box 2", "Footer-content box 3" and "Footer-content box 4"

4. (optional) Slides/content for the slider.
                  - Add this under "Resources" > "Site settings" > "Template Variables" > "Slider items"
                  - Activate the slider on any page under: "Template Variables".

5. Other page content is added the normal way on each resource, see the "Template Variables" tab on each resource for extra options.
                  ------------------------------
                  thanks for the nudge & hop in the right direction Frogabog.
                    MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
                  • :~}

The slider is set up in the same way. Personally I prefer not to have only one MIGX TV for an entire site (any page set to "yes" for the slider gets the same slider images) and change the getResources chunk and add template access for the slider as well.

Watch out with the MIGX package install that comes with this. It is a little finicky with versioning for MIGX, and if you upgrade the package there may be some problems. I have had to uninstall MIGX entirely, making sure that all the transport.zip files are removed before downloading and installing the latest version. Then, I loose access to editing the existing TV until a full core/cache clear and browser cache is performed. It comes right back though (content as well). It's also not "completely" installed as according to the MIGX docs (no MIGX tables), so you'll need to finish installing the action for the menu, and setup/install the MIGX tables.

Foundation just released a update on the 26th, with what looks like to be a solution for the stacking images/background issue in the Orbit slider, amongst a bunch of other improvements and some new plugins. You may want to grab that and overwrite the stylesheets and javascripts folders with the 3.2 version right now because you can't upgrade Flexibility with package management at the moment (don't even try, the mess it creates is unrecoverable).

https://github.com/zurb/foundation (this is the SASS version) or http://foundation.zurb.com/download.php for standard and customizable css (or SASS).
                      • 77 Posts
                      Thanks for the additional heads up on the Template Vars.
                      It's new learning for me.
                      I'm actually thinking to getSkeleton Dave Gamache's Skeleton CSS framework,when it comes to time to putting a site into production. Foundation has more in the bucket than I think I'll need for styling currently. I realize it powers Orbit though, to some extent, since it's their slider goody.
                      Thanks again, for the all and more info.
                        MODx Revo 2.1 and done!