We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 898 Posts
    Brett and Luke,

This is looking pretty cool. Would love to try it out as well. I know my customers would love it.

Chuck
      Chuck the Trukk
      ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
      - - - - - - - -
      What are TV's? Here's some info below.
      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
      • 964 Posts
      Looks nice and fast!!
      Please, please include inventory tracking by attributes (sizes, colors, material, etc) and will be
      awesome!!
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
        • 54 Posts
        Quote from: pixelchutes at May 23, 2007, 07:31 PM

Wow...very cool! Nicely done.
        Thanks!

e.g. Discount coupons, bundle packages, product option/variants, etc.
        eventually, eventually and yes

So EVERYTHING is the same, as if on your site directly, only the images aren’t served from your site? Internal links, etc all work as well?

It all makes sense! Does it incorporate well with Authorize.net and more common gateways, too smiley ...getting really anxious now...
        Yeah, Brett’s "auto magic cache" system is pretty nifty. It rewrites all the links and image locations as needed.
        We currently integrate with Paypal and Authorize.net. We’ll do more as requested down the road.

Update:

How does/will foxycart plan to handle form hacking where Pricing information is determined client side? Maybe I don’t follow, but this used to be a big issue with PayPal stores prior to offering encrypted form values...

We’ve got some plans for a client-side encryption system that will take care of this. Our initial customers included some who wanted the ability to specify the price on the fly, so we went with what we have so far. Also, downloadables have to be configured with a price so there’s no way someone could get around that. As it stands now, store owners just have to review the order before shipping it.

Thanks again for all your kind words everyone. I’ve spent so many late nights on this thing, it’s nice to know someone appreciates the work. smiley It’s just gonna get better and better.
          • 203 Posts
          this seems promising. smiley

but is it going to be available in other flavours other then hosted?
            • 361 Posts
            Quote from: knightknight at May 31, 2007, 03:00 PM

is it going to be available in other flavours other then hosted?
            For a few different reasons, the short answer is "probably not". I definitely understand where you’re coming from, as I generally prefer self-hosted apps myself. Probably because of that preference, we built FoxyCart to be more flexible and easier to integrate, with less duplication of data than pretty much any other self-hosted ecommerce app we’ve seen or used.

Ways FoxyCart makes it not matter as much that it’s hosted:
            * JSON cart object.
            * XML data feed (read on for the first example)
            * Template caching (so you can use all your code/templates, but don’t have to get your own security cert)
            * An API is in the works for some additional functionality.

Quote from: charliez at May 24, 2007, 12:10 AM

Please, please include inventory tracking by attributes (sizes, colors, material, etc) and will be awesome!!
            FoxyCart doesn’t actually do any inventory tracking, because we knew there’s no way we’d be able to please everybody. Instead, you can use the XML datafeed to integrate FoxyCart with whatever you’d like.

To illustrate this point, I just built a basic inventory snippet. It keeps track of inventory in TVs, and outputs different chunks ("Add to cart" or "Out of Stock" or etc.) based on inventory values, but it should be pretty easy to modify this to track by attributes if you need to.

Quote from: Leezig at May 23, 2007, 02:50 PM

Does anyone have any inklings of a release date yet?
            All MODx users are officially invited as of right now. wink We’d love feedback!

If anybody’s interested in our very near future plans: We’ll be rolling out subscriptions/recurring products, and will also be doing a snippet set to tie MODx webusers to a paid subscription (obviously utilizing the XML datafeeds).
              Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
              • 203 Posts
              I can see you’re point with choosing to keep it all in-house and it will keep it simple for those that don’t want to get there hands dirty, but then you only appealing to a small amount of MODx’ers.

You seem to have the upper hand at the moment with the lack of e-MODx addons but not choosing to have full product doesn’t make sense. Regardless of cost I and I’m sure many others would pay for this.

However it’s you’re development and you’re choice but unless I personally see a full product option I know I will hold out for others and in the meantime continue to use SHOPx. sad

Good luck. smiley
              • Just as Basecamp on gets a small amount of project management users because it’s hosted? FoxyCart is not limited to the MODx universe and is an amazing product that can let you get a shop up and running in no time ... it’s way cool and DEFINITELY on my recommended list. laugh
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 54 Posts
                  wow, thanks Ryan. grin

knight: Thank you for your opinion, we do appreciate it. Unfortunately, we’ve worked with quite a few systems out there both hosted and self-hosted and none of them do it quite right from our perspective. Good luck holding out for something better. We really have made this system insanely flexible and we’re making updates just about every day. With a packaged e-commerce product, you’re stuck with what you get, future unseen bugs and all.

If you’re interested, we currently have a 30 day free trial going to support our beta testing period. It would be interesting to involve some "hosted-only" developers in the process to get a clear understanding of their needs.

I don’t want to spin this thread off into a hosted vs. self-hosted flame war, but with the success of basecamp, google apps and many others, I’m fairly confident there is a healthy market for hosted applications.

And besides, "hosted" is in the topic of the thread. smiley
                    • 203 Posts
                    I’m not saying a hosted option is a bad thing, in fact in some circumstances having one less thing to audit is a good thing. That said my grip is with the lack of choice, I prefer to have a choice of products before off loading to an external host/contract. I think once store.mydomain.com is set up it will be a more lucrative option.

..don’t get me wrong this is a really nice cart but from the demo is not UK friendly yet so it’s still a no go.
                    • Quote from: rthrash at Jun 05, 2007, 01:15 PM

Just as Basecamp on gets a small amount of project management users because it’s hosted? FoxyCart is not limited to the MODx universe and is an amazing product that can let you get a shop up and running in no time ... it’s way cool and DEFINITELY on my recommended list. laugh

Completely agree with Ryan on this one. The price point for FoxyCart is, in my opinion, extremely fair--especially based on the functionality you get when compared to other eCommerce options. Of course, if a non-hosted option ever does surface, I would be more than happy to sign up as a BETA tester smiley
                        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart