We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 145 Posts
    Has there been any progress on this? Has anyone decided to pick up the gauntlet and attempt an integration?

poMMo just released a new milestone version, which I believe should make integration easier. I would be happy to contribute, but I have very little experience creating modules.
      • 898 Posts
      I prefer to use Dadamail right now. You’ve got to pay a one-time fee, but it’s very solid, simple to setup.
        Chuck the Trukk
        ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
        - - - - - - - -
        What are TV's? Here's some info below.
        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
        • 377 Posts
        Is there a MODX version of poMMo?

I’m getting very frustrated with the newsletter modules/snippets on the resources pages - some of them aren’t very good, aren’t feature-rich, don’t work at all, or require you to have a foreknowledge of SMTP, or don’t even log if there was an error or issue with SMTP.

I’ve tried EasyNewsletter, Koops (which needs SMTP, but doesn’t tell you if it was successfully sent or not), TX (which is only ever a blank screen) and many others, all of them are very frustrating to install and use.

If poMMo is being developed, and is in beta stage, please let us know where to download it.

Thanks.
          • 1,611 Posts
          I use Pommo with MODx on several sites and I’ve never felt I needed to integrate them completely. It’s easy to use an eForm event function to add/remove subscribers from MODx form pages, which is what I do. I don’t mind having a separate Pommo admin interface, since I find that newsletter management is often delegated to someone who probably doesn’t need manager access anyway.

There are lots of possibilities for integrating Pommo is you feel that’s necessary. Viewing the Pommo admin interface as a MODx module should be a snap, depending upon how you want to do it. You could probably use MODx templating to generate Pommo emails, although personally I find the Pommo templates to be fine for the task so I not sure what would be gained by that. More complete integration of things like user/subscriber tables, archived newsletter pages, etc. might be more troble than they’re worth.

So I guess the question is what do you need/hope to achieve by integrating the two that you can’t accomplish now?
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 377 Posts
            I’m just wanting a newsletter that:

* Has double opt-in/opt-out facility
            * Allows me to change the settings via the CMS control panel and not via PHP
            * Logs all outgoing email, including keeping reports on issues with SMTP, if necessary
            * Lists all subscribers, regardless of activation
            * Creating subscription lists from lists of subscribers
            * Ability to create newsletters to a subscription list
            * Ability to send created newsletters to a subscription list

The biggest issue for me is 1, 2, and 3 especially SMTP. EasyNewsletter is cool, but does not have double opt-in. Koops is quite feature rich, but the fact it uses SMTP but does not even verify whether SMTP is working or keeps logs makes it unusable. TXNewsletters has the most promise, but isn’t even finished - and doesn’t appear to be working.

With regards to your integration of poMMo, how did you do it? Did you just install it in another folder? How did you integrate the admin username/passwords?
              • 1,611 Posts
              I actually didn’t bother to integrate the Pommo and MODx admin scripts at all. I kind of like being able to keep them separate so that the people who send out newsletters are not distracted by all of the site content. The integration that was important to me was just the subscribe/unsubscribe from MODx forms capability.

I think that if I wanted to integrate the two admins, I would just replace the Pommo login check with a MODx in manager check (which is a single line of code that you can find at the top of pretty much every module), since Pommo only has one admin user afaik. That way you could load the Pommo admin scripts as a MODx module. I guess you could easily allow it to do both by checking for either type of login authentication.

As for the rest of the features youŕe looking for, you should consult the Pommo site since I’m not sure if it does them all the way you want.

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                • 198 Posts
                Guys, Ive got a question which is a bit off topic but does concern mailing, does anyone know of a script that will send emails to particular users at particular days - for example A happy bday of a client, or new year and etc. So the admin would input the name, dob, email and the rest to be done by the script. Also this script has to have atleast 2 languages - russian client = russian email, english client = english email smiley
                  Pure MODx sites
                  Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
                  • 1,611 Posts
                  Quote from: Vait at Apr 18, 2008, 12:28 AM

Guys, Ive got a question which is a bit off topic but does concern mailing, does anyone know of a script that will send emails to particular users at particular days - for example A happy bday of a client, or new year and etc. So the admin would input the name, dob, email and the rest to be done by the script. Also this script has to have atleast 2 languages - russian client = russian email, english client = english email smiley
                  I have an eCard system that we plug into MODx a lot, so that’s what I usually use. All you need to do is have a crontab that calls a script once a day and the script should check if there are emails to go out on that date and if so send them. I don’t know of a script that will do this for you offhand, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you could find several of them by searching hotscripts and whatnot.

• 5,888 Posts
                    Perhaps usefull for someone
                    [Module] pommoexporter - export usergroups to pommo-subscribers:
                    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,33163.msg201804.html#msg201804
                      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                      • 7,075 Posts
                      Very useful Bruno17 grin

Thanks !

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id