We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I have desperately been looking for a decent open source newsletter / mailing list software, but to my surprise there are not that many. Of course there is phplist but that sure is overkill for my purpose, plus I am not a big fan of the interface (ergonomy sucks !).

So I went and googled my way, but nothing really sexy there.
    I browsed sourceforge and finally came up with something : poMMo (formerly know as bMail).

poMMo is versatile mass mailing software. It can be used to add a mailing list to your Web site or to organize stand alone mailings. Unique Features such as the ability to mail subsets of your subscribers set it apart from alternatives. poMMo is written in PHP and freely provided under the [GPL].

Designed to be easy to use and powerful, poMMo provides flexible Mailing Management that everyone can utilize -- from Software Projects to Shoe Stores, to Marketing Firms, to Bloggers.

(....)

While poMMo may appear simple and lightweight, it allows for very large mailing lists and supports advanced features not seen in other newsletter software.

* Mailings can be sent using up to 4 SMTP Relays simutaneously.
    * Bandwith and mail volume (mails per second) can be controlled through an advanced throttling engine.
    * Mailing will continue if internet connection is lost or browser closes.
    * Ability to pause, resume, and cancel a mailing in progress.

Of course it’s a just a pitch, but the demo speaks for itself : it’s simple, well, organized and way more attractive than the competition !

For more information you can check the features page.

I am currently installing it and will be doing some testing (it looks nice, but does it work well, I’ll tell you that later), but I thought I would share smiley
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
    • Looks like it handles multiple lists by grouping subscribers. Will be interesting to see how that works out. Uses Smarty for templating.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 53 Posts
        I just found this amazing open source newsletter management program Pommo.

And it is open source look great and has the ability to import cvs files into it.

Im thinking about using it with Modx

See more about the pommo project on http://pommo.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
          • 7,075 Posts
          Yeah it’s nice, I had talked about it in the Off Topic board, use it on one of my websites, it’s really nice smiley

MODx est l'outil id
            • 3,975 Posts
            Topics merged smiley ..
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 228 Posts
              David,

I know it hasn’t been that long since you started using it, but any feedback yet? Have you integrated it into MODx or are you running it more parallel to MODx?

cheers
                | Identity Developments delivers SEO focused web design and web presence services
                - it's not about websites, it's about your identity. |
                • 7,075 Posts
                Well, I am running it parallel to MODx but since I am just out of php training I might just try some intergration here but don’t expect me to work as fast as those whiz coders here !

As for feedback, I’ve set it up but the client’s site is not live yet thus I don’t have much feedback on how it holds up... I’ll post when I do !

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 228 Posts
                  Great, looking forward to it.... and now that you are a newly graduated PHPer, you are way ahead of, ahem, some of us laugh so no worries!
                    | Identity Developments delivers SEO focused web design and web presence services
                    - it's not about websites, it's about your identity. |
                    • 32 Posts
                    Just by playing with the demo, this baby beats phplists by a mile. Great piece of software!
                      • 788 Posts
                      David,

Have you made any headway on this yet?

Jesse
                        Jesse R.
                        Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
                        Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
                        Donate now. Every contribution helps.