We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 953 Posts
    A new feature has been introduced to Evo, currently in the develop section on GitHub

If you would like to try this out, you can download the develop version from here

Explanation

What this does is extend the sort site tree drop down by adding a further element.

By clicking the "sort site menu tree" button in the managers left panel you now have the extra option to override the default name used in the resource tree.

By default, you can set the Resource Tree name in the manager: Tools / Configuration / Interface & Features => Display Name in Resource Tree (as seen here)

With the new feature, you can override it without having to change the default setting in the configuration

Your feedback is required

A discussion has been started on GitHub about this feature here

If you are interested in this feature and would like to see it in future releases of Evo, please let the DEV team know, by either adding a post here or to the discussion found on GitHub

It has already been commented that if the feature is to become a part of the system that a configuration setting be made to turn this feature on or of, as seen here and here

Please let us know your thoughts [ed. note: iusemodx last edited this post 8 years ago.]
      • 486 Posts
      Thanks iusemodx. I have already commented in the github thread but just wanted to say that opening up communication about new Evo features and major Evo changes like this is excellent. Thank you.

Whilst I am not a programmer I would like to be involved in such discussions on Evo features, direction etc. I am sure other users would too.

So thanks and keep up the great work.
        Web design Adelaide
        http://gocreate.com.au
        • 953 Posts
        There are sadly only a few community members who proactively air their thoughts about the development of Evo

It seems to me that the majority of Evo users nowadays simply download and update when they realy need to - they don't get involved with decision making or air their thoughts about features or the future of Evo

Looking back, if it hadn't been for a small amount of community developers, Evo would now be obsolete and thousands of people would be moaning because their sites no-longer work

I personally would like to see the Evo community come back to life again - the amount of work and effort that has been put into the development of Evo in the last year has revitalised it and made it a tool for the future