We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hi,
    I did a test install upgrade for one of my websites running modx 1.0.15 to 1.1 before I deployed it widely. Everything went fine through the prevalidation, but the following screen loaded raw - without any of the styles - with no way to continue on to the usual step of deleting the installation files.

Both the front end of the website and the /manager side were blank. I tried a few re-installs but couldn't get past that /install/index.pho?action=install step. I reverted back to 1.0.15 and that's working fine in the meantime.

Attaching a couple of screens.

• We ran into the same thing for a couple sites. The problem was that they were on servers that were still running PHP 5.2. Once upgrading to at least 5.3 (would recommend going higher) then it was fine and could complete successfully.
        Jason Bird
        Twitter: @jasonabird @threeeyedbird
        • 1,198 Posts
        I have some customers running on php 5.2 that I need to update soon sad

@hollyvalero can you confirm your php version?
          Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
          • 11 Posts
          Quote from: jasonabird at Mar 04, 2016, 02:25 AM
          We ran into the same thing for a couple sites. The problem was that they were on servers that were still running PHP 5.2. Once upgrading to at least 5.3 (would recommend going higher) then it was fine and could complete successfully.

I updated to php 5.4 (the current version) and the install went fine. However, I got loads of date formatting errors. Got rid of an old date script and was left with parse errors and unix dates. (&*%$!) So, I am trying to install PHx to see if I can (a) get readable dates back, and (b) get rid of the parse errors.

Still getting "Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function." even though I have a php.ini in the root and manager folders with the time zone set to:

** FIX 1: date nags removed. For hostgator you need to:

1. change PHP to 5.4 in the advanced area of PHP in cpanel

2. add php.ini to domain root and manager of the site and pick a timezone
          date.timezone = America/New_York

3. in domain specific .htaccess file add at top for php.ini to work at hostgator the relative path to the directory:

<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
          suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username/public_html/domainname.com
          <Files php.ini>
          order allow,deny
          deny from all
          </Files>
          </IfModule>

[ed. note: hollyvalero last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]