We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    It doesn't, but you can manually set the provider for the rest of them. If you can look at the database first (the modx_extension_packages table), I'd be curious to know if the provider is empty there too.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 17 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Sep 10, 2015, 08:46 PM
      It doesn't, but you can manually set the provider for the rest of them. If you can look at the database first (the modx_extension_packages table), I'd be curious to know if the provider is empty there too.

The modx_extension_packages doesn't exist. There is a keepintune_extension_packages table, but it's empty. Curiouser and curiouser.
        • 24,544 Posts
        I'm sorry, I meant the modx_transport_packages table. I'm doing this all on my phone and it's more difficult to check things.
          My MODX Extras
        • discuss.answer
          • 17 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Sep 11, 2015, 12:34 AM
          I'm sorry, I meant the modx_transport_packages table. I'm doing this all on my phone and it's more difficult to check things.

OK, got it all fixed -- but I have no idea what caused this to happen. Here's what I found and what I did to correct it.

When I first checked, the provider for all of the packages except for UpgradeMODX was set to "1". UpgradeMODX was set to "3". So I set all the others to "3", deleted the contents of /core/cache, and logged in.

That fixed about half of them. Some showed "modx.com" as the provider and worked properly; others showed a blank provider and returned the error message.

So I went back into the DB and looked in the next table, keepintune_transport_providers. It contained just one row. Everything looked perfect -- except that the id was set to "3". So I reset it to "1", then returned to the keepintune_transport_packages table and reset all of the providers to "1", dumped the cache, and logged in.

Perfect! All the packages now show "modx.com" as their provider and all of their update buttons work normally.

Thanks, Bob, for pointing me in the right direction.
            • 24,544 Posts
            I'm glad you got it sorted. I can't think of any way that could happen.

You probably know this now, but a shorter route would have been to change the ID to 1 in the providers table and change the provider to 1 for UpgradeMODX.
              My MODX Extras
              • 17 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Sep 11, 2015, 11:20 AM
              I'm glad you got it sorted. I can't think of any way that could happen.

You probably know this now, but a shorter route would have been to change the ID to 1 in the providers table and change the provider to 1 for UpgradeMODX.

Well, yeah, but at the beginning of this little exercise, I didn't even know there was a providers table <g>.

I suspect that this was DB corruption which occurred during the multiple failed attempts to upgrade to 2.4.0 where I was locked out of the site and had to restore from backup in order to regain entry. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation?
                • 24,544 Posts
                It's hard to say at this point.
                  My MODX Extras