We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 239 Posts
    I duplicated an install and cannot login to the manager. I get the error below and the page does nothing. Strangely if I browse the site QM works and appears to let me edit pages....however this won't due for a client. They will get roadblocked at the manager login screen. Can anyone advise?
      • 239 Posts
      Just an update...I'm using a Cloud server environment on Bluehost with PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini).
        • 109 Posts
        Quote from: taiyo1578 at Sep 02, 2015, 07:27 PM
        using a Cloud server environment on Bluehost

That's potentially a clue. Bluehost's cloud accounts use Varnish caching, which may be interfering with your manager use.

A potentially easy way to test to see if that's your problem is to temporarily turn off Varnish caching and see if the manager login works. Here's Bluehost's help page on turning off Varnish: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/turn_varnish_off. It may not matter, but after you do that, and before you test, it wouldn't be a bad thing to either clear your browser's cache & cookies, or test in an incognito window.

If that gets you into the manager, a call to Bluehost's support department to learn how to turn Varnish back on but exclude manager URLs would be in order.

Failing that, it may still pay to chat with Bluehost's support; they're bound to have dealt with various CMS (even if not MODX) login questions on their cloud accounts.

References that hint at this being the problem (admittedley referencing MODX Revo, not Evo, but still may apply: