We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    @eko give me a moment and I will make RFM work directly with Media Source, no more path finding and confusion.

@rainbowtiger
    Not a problem but an "expected issue".
    People keep arguing how things ought to be, but they forget that users are the best people to ask.

So, yes, I agree with you, it is a regrettable issue; since the menus are hover-activated, there is no sufficient reason why the parent is not clickable.

However, I have solved the issue roundaboutly.

Click the LinkList MODX cog wheel, and you will then be able to use "hover" to grab the value of parents.
    See the attached image.

[ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 5 years, 7 months ago.]
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 322 Posts
      Quote from: donshakespeare at Aug 01, 2018, 07:19 PM

However, I have solved the issue roundaboutly.

Click the LinkList MODX cog wheel, and you will then be able to use "hover" to grab the value of parents.
      See the attached image.
      Well, the problem with the cog wheel is that it's very hard to control. Once you hover over what you want, and the ID appears, when you move the mouse away it's very easy to then move it over a different menu item, and the ID changes to the wrong thing. Same situation when using this method with the tree on the left (which is why I'm trying to get the link list to work better). This is the one part of TinyMceWrapper my clients struggle with the most.
        • 1,145 Posts
        If this interests you, here attached, is one of my unreleased versions. It accepts a third setting hoverSelectWithCtrlKey
        When set to true, hover will be disabled until the Control(Command) Key is depressed.

tinymce.init({
          modxMagicHoverLinkSettings: {
            stripMODXurl:false, //default is true
            addClassToTree:false //default is true
            hoverSelectWithCtrlKey:true //default is false [New]
          }
        });

Please rename the extension to .js before use

The file goes to
        assets/components/tinymcewrapper/tinymceplugins/
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 1,145 Posts
          ResponsiveFileManager 1.0.1
          https://modx.com/extras/package/responsivefilemanager
          ---------------------------------
          [Fixed] media_source_id
          Sweet improvement to plug right into Media Source.
          Dropped old method of inputing path/url

[Unchanged] RFM Core 9.13.1
            • 1,145 Posts
            ResponsiveFileManager 1.0.2
            ---------------------------------
            [Updated] responsivefilemanagerConnector and its properties (please update your propertysets)

[Updated] RFM Core to 9.13.3
            - support to files without extension
            - fix Path Traversal vulnerability and url validation
            - fix vulnerability that permits to see server files
            - fix double file and folder rename
            - refactoring
            - update Hungarian, German and Thai languages
            - fix nested php tags in download permission
            - change jPlayer script to cdn

- empty filename support (like .htaccess, .env,...)
            - fix download bug
            - refactoring check extension
              • 1 Posts
              Hi guys,
              I had a problem with ResponsiveFileManager 1.0.2, so I manually updated Core to 9.13.4, but still had permission issues when creating folders / uploading files.

The problem was in responsivefilemanagerConnector on line 136 and 137:
                'filePermission' => $filePermission_modx, //old
                'folderPermission' => $folderPermission_modx, //old

it should be:
                'filePermission' => intval($filePermission_modx,8), //new
                'folderPermission' => intval($folderPermission_modx,8), //new

because those MODx properties are strings and doesn't work with mkdir and chmod properly
                • 1,145 Posts
                Good catch, @jayK
                  • 322 Posts
                  Quote from: donshakespeare at Aug 01, 2018, 09:55 PM
                  If this interests you, here attached, is one of my unreleased versions. It accepts a third setting hoverSelectWithCtrlKey
                  When set to true, hover will be disabled until the Control(Command) Key is depressed.

Works nicely! Thanks.
                    • 144 Posts
                    Hi,

Respect for your work, but after all your hard work, and dedication, I still have to delete the plugin.
                    Now the error is that the "list button" do not work anymore.
                    I know you will say it's a bug in TinyMCE, but the other Modx Plugin "Tiny MCE Wrapper" does correctly functions with the "(un)ordered list" button...
                    All that fancy stuff is great, but if the basics do still have bugs I can't apply it ...
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      Quote from: sriananda at Oct 15, 2018, 04:14 PM
                      Hi,

Respect for your work, but after all your hard work, and dedication, I still have to delete the plugin.
                      Now the error is that the "list button" do not work anymore.
                      I know you will say it's a bug in TinyMCE, but the other Modx Plugin "Tiny MCE Wrapper" does correctly functions with the "(un)ordered list" button...
                      All that fancy stuff is great, but if the basics do still have bugs I can't apply it ...

So, what is the issue here? A bug in TinyMCE?
                      Tiny MCE Wrapper does what correctly?
                      You are having issues with list button/unordered list button?