We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    If you have an advanced setup, where your core folder is above the root or in the basement thereof,
    go to responsivefilemanager/filemanager/config/config.modx.php to fix the auto path detection
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Couldn't that path be set from config.core.php?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,145 Posts
        You know what, I think my brain had amped up its dyslexia.
        I finally understood you, thank you.
        Even the MODx Docs says so; what on earth have I been doing?

I was including the core/config/config.inc.php file instead of the the config file in the root folder.
        Oh well, I guess Stupid is not an uncommon guest in my home.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 24,544 Posts
          And you need the config.core.php file to tell you where the config.inc.php file is. wink

My MODX Extras
            • 4 Posts
            I wish I knew what was going on with this extra...

I've managed to get it installed and working at the very basic level. But then I'm trying to set it up and it seems to work differently to every other extra I've used and there's virtually no instructions on doing anything.

http://www.leofec.com/modx-revolution/tinymce-wrapper-for-modx-manager.html talks about the plugin having very few settings and to click on the properties tab to see them. What properties tab? Nothing comes up in system settings for the extra.

We really like the functionality of the old, fairly decrepit, TinyMCE plugin to choose a resource to link to rather than entering a url. I assume this is what is meant by the link_list thing, but I don't really know, and the instructions just say look at the TinymceWrapperContent chunk. But I have no idea what I'm meant to do with it?! This is the main thing making me look at alternatives to CKEditor at the moment.

When I click the file browser thing either from trying to add a link or from the toolbar itself Responsive FileManager says
            " you are in /assets/components/tinymcewrapper/responsivefilemanager/source/
            To change, click to open config.modx.php; more options at config.options.php"

If I click the config.mox.php link I get taken to edit the file but I've no idea what to do with it?!

The info at http://modx.com/extras/package/tinymce_wrapper says you can turn it off for text areas permanently, but again no help about how to do that.

I realise it's labelled as a beta at the moment but it seems far from ready for proper release when it's so difficult to understand how to set it up. I thought the whole point of plugins/extras like this was to make things easy to install and configure without having to go through and edit code files?!
              • 1,145 Posts
              Sorry you had difficulties understanding.
              That is what this thread is for.

Were there any difficulties in installing this Extra?

TinymceWrapper is a plugin for MODx.
              Go to resource/element tree (on the left side of your Manager), look for plugins, find TinymceWrapper.

Click the wrapper plugin, see the Properties' tab? All elements have Properties in MODx.
              No setting is lodged in System Settings for a very good reason.

To use the link_list thing, install pdoMenu Extra, and it will start to work immediately when you remove the dash prefix in TinymceWrapperLinkList

The upcoming release (sorry about taking time) has the native MODx file browser, so you won't be stuck with only one third-party option. I am just having way too much fun working with elFinder at the moment, will release soon.
                • 4 Posts
                It took me a while but I got the extra installed, had to download it and isntall manually though as it wasn't showing up via package manager.

OK, so I had no idea there were properties there, I've not used them with any other extra before so one of those things you could do with making clear in the instructions.

pdoMenu doesn't show up when looking for extras either, following some more googling I see it's included in pdoTools.
                I've just installed it and hope it's not going to conflict with wayfinder or getresources or anything. I still don't get how it works though, I see there is now a Link List drop down, but that's only got 4 pages in it... either it's not working as I expected or it doesn't do what I expected...

I don't mind using a different file browser if it's good, I just don't have a clue how I'm meant to set it up to be usable and there's no useful documentation at all as far as I can tell.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  The pdoTools utilities are pretty much drop-in replacements for Wayfinder (pdoMenu) and getResources (pdoResources). With very few exceptions, you can just change the name of the snippet in your getResources and Wayfinder tags. The pdoTools versions are much faster and use less memory.

You can still use Wayfinder and getResources when you want (though there's little reason to). There won't be any conflicts.

My MODX Extras
                  • This is a great extra and I have it functioning with one exception.
                    For good reason I don't want content editors to have administrator level access to the system. It prevents them from possibly destroying their own site and simplifies the use of their own site.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the RFM to work with a content editor level person. I get the following message logged in as a content editor and clicking either the browse for file button beside the URL field in the link pop-up or when clicking the Image icon:

IT SEEMS YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS COOL MANAGER
                    BEG SOMEONE TO ADD YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATOR USERGROUP

Of course, I can see where to edit this, namely here: assets/components/responsivefilemanager/filemanager/config/config.modx.php

Specifically:

//limit access to File Manager, by usergroup or any other criterion you like
                    if ($modx->user->isMember('Administrator')) {
                    } 
                    else {
                      die('<div style="position: fixed; margin: auto;width: 400px;height:200px;text-align:center;top:0;bottom:0;left:0;right:0;"><h1>IT SEEMS YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS COOL MANAGER</h1>BEG SOMEONE TO ADD YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATOR USERGROUP</div>');
                    }

I attempted to add the usergroup in like this:

if ($modx->user->isMember('Administrator','Content Editor'))

But it didn't change so I commented the entire section out. Not being a programmer, I figure I have done this erroneously. I gather the name is just a name and it doesn't really identify the id of the group? Or is it that group name has spaces? How does one do this properly?
                    • Also, although I can upload PDFs using the Responsive FileManager, it doesn't list them (though it does say a file exists in the folder. If I go to the files tab and check, I can see the PDF.

Update. When I closed the FileManager and Insert Link box and then reopened them, I could see the PDF.