We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    How easy it is to plug in TinyMagicPublisher - the complete frontend editing and media solution

All and every other MODX non-textarea field will be taken care of for you (including site-wide tags to choose from): go to the button:
    PUBLISH - Save Resource [ MODX Resource Details ]

+ You can have a template for anything: for frontend User Profiles with personal media management, User-created blogs, etc etc --- your imagination will love this!
    + You can create new resources on the fly, edit/delete existing ones in the frontend, or carry over the editing to the backend by clicking Edit in Manager

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
      <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <title>Document</title>
      </head>
      <body>
        <header>
          <h1 data-tiny="np-pagetitle">[[*pagetitle:TinyMagicPublisherModifier]]</h1>
          <hr>
          <p data-tiny="np-introtext">[[*introtext:TinyMagicPublisherModifier]]</p>
        </header>
        <section>
          <div data-tiny="np-content">[[*content:TinyMagicPublisherModifier]]</div>
          <div data-tiny="np-myTVtext">[[*myTVtext:TinyMagicPublisherModifier]]</div>
        </section>
        [[!TinyMagicPublisher?myCoolPropertySet]]
      </body>
    </html>

[ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 8 Posts
      love it, thanks!

I'm running several subdomains on a single MODX installation and would like to use the theme on all of them. Currently, only the text loads, nothing else. Also, the content/variables/... fields aren't editable anymore...

Is there a way to stay with my favorite theme? Thanks!
        • 1,145 Posts
        RE: bohobravo

Thanks for the feedback.

I need some clarification.

Are you using your own theme or the imogen theme that ships with TinyMagicPublisher?

Please check the browser inspector for any JavaScript and 404 errors. Some files are missing ...that's why the blankness.

To use this theme in another domain, you can
        1. change the links in the template to absolute. (http://mainDomain.com/assets/etc) to use all the sources of original domain ....or simply leave everything as is, and add <base> tag to the head of the template
        2. clone TinymceWrapper main assets folder to each of your domains - use your server's duplicate command, to ensure everything goes across.

Let me know if you need more help
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 1,145 Posts
          Making tinymceBubbleBar sticky programmatically

Hello,
          Thank you for the great tinymceBubbleBar plugin.
          I'm using it with the TinyMCE 4. May I ask you something about the plugin usage ?
          I wonder if there is an easy way to make the floating toolbars appear onclick of an external link or button.
          My users would like to be able to make the floating toolbars appear when the editor area is still empty and there is nothing to select yet.
          Alternatively it would be cool if I could make the toolbar show on doubleclick in an empty area to circumvent the issue.
          Any tips or hints would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
          Damian Doyle

RE: ('two' options)
          1. When using the plugin, you have an optional button that extends its behaviour
          toolbar: "bubbleBarOptionsButton",

With this button, once the toolbar is visible, you can then make it sticky.
          If using multiple toolbars for multiple TinyMCEs in inline mode (with the same fixed_toolbar_container), you'll need to reselect text to make the position appropriate.

If the above is not sufficient ...try this:
          Note: In inline mode TinyMCE toolbars do not exist at all until focus...
          So you may programmatically make the toolbars sticky at this time

2. Apply this to link's onclick attribute to toggle stickiness
          Use activeEditor or get("editorid") to target editor in question
          bubbleUp(tinymce.activeEditor, "addClassSticky")

NOTE: stickiness does not position the toolbar, just keeps it visible wherever it is.
          Of course you may use additional jQuery pageX and pageY to position the toolbar.

Enjoy,
          donshakespeare

Hi there,

bubbleUp(tinymce.activeEditor, "addClassSticky")

Thank you very much for the help, much appreciated!
          It's working great.

Feel free to use my name in the MODX forum.

Kind regards,
          Damian Doyle
            • 1,145 Posts
            TinyJSONGallery​ ​
            the most versatile Gallery on the planet (filter, reindex, multi drag/rearrange, multi tag, hide, delete (not from server),
            edit all properties (title, desc, tag, etc etc) in speedy way​
            hack to extend its simple core
            reskin

CURRENTLY - only Chunks (within the Manager) are Galleries

COMING SOON

1. Transform any Resource to a powerful Gallery Manager including any of its other TVs
            2. Just double click the Resource's TV, and voila! A TV becomes an album.
            3. Open a chunk from the Element Tree - double click to transform it into an album
            4. Edit Resource in frontend, and edit its Gallery TVs right there, with the same Force and beautiful GUI as was used in the Manager - Use NewsPublisher, TinyMagicPublisher or anything you want

ROADMAP

1. Internalization
            2. Powerful cropping and image editing
            3. More awesome
            TinyJSONGallery​ is a pure-bred beast of the jungle - works frontend, backend, MODX or not - pure JS at heart. Terribly portable, No database, just JSON, and pure golden fleece!
              • 1,145 Posts
              ++SURVIVE UPGRADES: duplicate edited chunks, retain names, add suffix, specify suffix in TinymceWrapper Plugin properties.
              ++CREATE PropertySets where applicable to protect your Plugin and Snippet alterations.
              ++DEPENDENCIES (optional): pdoTools / getResources, tagLister, MODX Resizer, NewsPublisher, MIGX getImageList
              ++INCOMPATIBILITY - FixedPre kills TinymceWrapper and any Extras like this one. Possible IMAGE+
              ++REMEMBER TO CONFIGURE your RTE before you start using it - so that your content is not ...
              ++ALWAYS START BY viewing the TinymceWeapper Demo Resource (it has everything enabled, frontend/backend)

TinymceWrapper 2.3.0 - hurray!
              ---------------------------------
              ADDED to TinyJSONGallery
              + full frontend/backend support for the most powerful/versatile Image Gallery Manager in the universe
              + transform any Resource to a full blown Image Gallery
              + transform all the Resource TVs into albums
              + transform any Chunk into a full blown Image Gallery
              + transform multiple Chunks (Quick Create / Update mode) from the Elements Tree
              + use in-house snippet, TinyJSONGalleryOutput, to output images (from Chunks/TVs) into whatever HTML pattern you like
              + use MIGX' getImageList to go absolutely crazy with features in outputting images - your way

+ ACCESS your MODX Manager backend Image Galleries in the frontend with a single line of code popGal('myAnyTextarea')
              <a href="#" onClick="popGal('myAnyTextarea','', 885,500,1)">Open My Gallery</a>

+ CREATE multiple Image Galleries in the frontend - just provide a textarea.
              + USE with MODX or without MODX
              + Skin, extend, be free! - welcome to awesome

+ JSON Code area now has context menu to run quick commands
              + multi select and drag images to sort and rearrange

ADDED to TinyMagicPublisher
              + filled in some NewsPublisher properties that were missing (thanks @eko)
              + Both Magic and Traditional mode use TinyJSONGallery.js out of the box

ADDED empty base template to solve the issue of other Extras resetting "empty" template of demo resources

FIXED incompatibility between TinymceWrapper internal CodeMirror and TinymceWrapper twCodeMirror.js plugin

ROADMAP
              + ADD Cropper (http://fengyuanchen.github.io/cropper/)
              + ADD Language files
              + FIND ways to be more awesome
                • 179 Posts
                I've just upgraded to the latest version, which is lovely, but for some reason now I find that in spite of the improvements made to the elfinder resource code to properly honour "unlocked" and "pset" etc., my property set is being ignored. I've checked the processed HTML and find that my 'pset' name is properly inserted into the .js elfinder data, but the values in my set aren't being used. I can change the default properties successfully.

I'm about to reinstall TMCEW entirely, in the hope it'll sort itself out, but if you happen to have a clue that might save me the trouble, I'm all ears!

Thanks again.
                  • 1,145 Posts
                    • 179 Posts
                    Unfortunately, yes. Though now there appear to be 9 ticked events that I've updated to use my property set. But I know this part is working because when I click the nav bar file browser button to get the popup with elfinder, I can look at the source at see that the jquery parameter "pset" is present, and populated with the name of my property set for elfinder (attached to elfinderconnector). So it all looks to me like it should be working.
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      Are you using the new demo elFinder resource or your old one?