We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 247 Posts
    Same problem here. Anybody come up with a fix for this?
      • 1,145 Posts
      Older topic http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=88004&page=6

Latest from my annoying side:

Latest Firefox seems to be free of this menace
      Latest Chrome is allowing this menace

Problem is agnostic to Articles or any Rich Text Editor
      Problem is uber irritating

TinyMCE could have a fix
      tinymce.init({
          plugins: "autosave",
          autosave_ask_before_unload: false
      });

Here is JavaScript code handling the popup:
      window.onbeforeunload = function() {
      //I could remove this line, and load this script in my Manager specific pages
          return 'You have unsaved annoying changes!'; 
      }
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 370 Posts
        Hi,
        Actuatualy Firefox is not free from this menace. to recreate the problem open een Article blogpost and hit the 'close' button.
        You should get a warning 'You have changes pending; are you sure you want to cancel?'
        I tracked this problem down to the update.js on line #550 (and create.js) from Articles
        tagField.enable()

When Articles form is initialized it does an AJAX call to get the tags for your blogpost. After getting the tags an enable() method is called to enable the tags field to be editted. BUT this enable method somehow also makes the tag_field Dirty. that's why you get the warning.

I tried to fix the problem but there is nu clean() method unfortunatly in ExtJS (https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?63445-Any-way-to-reset-the-dirty-property-of-form-fields-back-to-clean). So i'm stuck
        I don't speak ExtJS so i can't fix this problem. I hope someone else with more Extjs knowledge can fix this
          • 247 Posts
          Quote from: rdaneeel at Jul 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
          Hi,
          Actuatualy Firefox is not free from this menace. to recreate the problem open een Article blogpost and hit the 'close' button.

Yep, I get it in Firefox too. Will look into the ExtJS problem, I'm not fluent but know enough to do some damage.
            • 188 Posts
            Quote from: claytonk at Jul 22, 2015, 02:45 PM
            Quote from: rdaneeel at Jul 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
            Hi,

Yep, I get it in Firefox too. Will look into the ExtJS problem, I'm not fluent but know enough to do some damage.
            Am getting issue on all browsers and platforms. Seems to be a universal issue - is there any resolution to it yet? Has this been posted as a bug?
              • 58 Posts
              Sorry to say that the ghost has returned.
              Was this fixed two years ago and returned in the latest version?
                ~~||[ Simplicity is everything ]||~~
                • 17 Posts
                Hi, I just came across this same problem. Anybody out there with a solution to this? It is very annoying.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  It's biting me too.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 17 Posts
                    Yeah, it is a real shame since I like Articles more than Blogit, but I might have to go with Blogit for now until this is resolved. I think my client would get too annoyed with this bug.
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      I sometimes see it outside of Articles and I don't have TinyMCE installed. I'm pretty sure I see it in extras that don't use ExtJS/modExt.
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting