We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 370 Posts
    Hi,
    I just updated Articles to 1.7.11 and every time i want to close an Article the managers (REVO 2.3.5-pl) asks: "You have changes pending; are you sure you want to cancel?" followed by chrome asking basically the same thing
    this seems to be an old problem since i found it also here http://tracker.modx.com/issues/7558
    Anyone else experiencing this? is there a fix for it? is there a way to figure out which formfield is dirty?

Tnx
    RDG
      • 1,145 Posts
      Do you have some RTE enabled?
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 370 Posts
        Hi,
        Yes i have the standard TinyMCE (4.3.3-pl) installed.
        You think thats the problem? it doesn't do this on other pages only on articles
        RDG
          • 1,145 Posts
          You disabled the RTE, and that was the cause?
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 370 Posts
            Yes i uninstalled tinyMCE, but that was not the reason.
              • 1,145 Posts
              Then you were right after all, it is an old demon - though I can't replicate the same thing on my system with latest MODx
                • 370 Posts
                I'm seeing this in 3, maybe even more, seperate MODX installs All in Articles
                  • 255 Posts
                  Same here. Only in articles though (v1.7.11-pl). I am also using http://modx.com/extras/package/markdowneditor addon which requires the resources to be rich-text in order for the preview function to work. But again, only article resources show the issue.
                    • 370 Posts
                    I also see this only in Articles and im not using the markdown editor.
                    do you use custom ACL's?
                    RDG
                      • 370 Posts
                      Ok,
                      With the help of @rtripault i figures out there is a hidden formfield 'fake_tags' that is dirty every time the Articles page loads.
                      Now i need to figure out where this happens and how to prevent is. Any help would be welcome because i really do not understand extJs
                      RDG