We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    We are looking for a shopping cart (e-commerce) to use on our site to replace our current MagentoGo account. MagentoGo is closing down February of next year, so we need a replacement. Any suggestions that meet the below requirements would be greatly appreciated.

• We are not looking for a ModX specific shopping solution - we may not use ModX in the future and it needs to migrate to other platforms.
    • We are currently looking at Pixafy and Shopify - any hesitations or suggestions about these two?
    • We like the hosting options like Pixafy and Shopify b/c we don't have an inhouse developer to manage a system
    • We use SugarCRM as our CRM, so any integration with it would be highly preferred

Lastly, we do not use the traditional "store front" - but instead use the Magento Product Lister component that pulls catalog items to our site once a day, and lists them on our main site. When a user clicks "Register" for a product (Online training) they are directed to Magento to Check out.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, I will answer additional questions as they are asked.

-VG
    • BLUcart is the only MODX specific shopping cart that has what most dedicated eCommerce platforms have.
        • 6 Posts
        Quote from: rx2 at Oct 16, 2014, 05:05 PM
        BLUcart is the only MODX specific shopping cart that has what most dedicated eCommerce platforms have.
        Thanks for this info, however as I mentioned before I am Not looking for a ModX specific ecommerce platform, but rather something hosted and ran separately and can connect to many CRMs. Preferably one that we do not run or manage ourself, but rather just use. Does blucart fit that?
          • 436 Posts
          From the front page:

BLUcart is not bound to MODX's resource object and is a standalone component, allowing for a completely scalable and ultra-flexible shopping solution.
            • 1,613 Posts
            Won't it be easiest to use Magento Community ed?
            Maybe https://www.modxsimplecart.com/
            Going to Wordpress Woocommerce would be an option too.
              Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
              • 1 Posts
              I suggest Contalog. is a multi channel inventory management software that integrates with Amazon, eBay and other selling mediums like eCommerce stores, mobile apps, B2B stores and more.
                • 2 Posts
                The feeling that BigCommerce platform mainly gives is that it is a solid company, knows what it is doing, offering quality integration with multi-channel sales and marketing systems, and providing a wide range of quality features for good pricing. It now has even its own payment gateway system in place. But does its free templates really match the quality of Shopify templates? Does it have a functional and user-friendly content manager that is intuitive and flexible?

How I feel is this...One can feel confident that Shopify will get you the best looking and easy-to-manage solution... BigCommerce platform, on the other hand, gives you the confidence that they provide 'overall good service' but maybe not as appealing visually, most of their free templates are still relying on 'the boring menus on the side and lets put some pics in the middle design [ed. note: leblanc last edited this post 5 years, 9 months ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  I notice that the link to BLUcart above is a 404. Is that project dead?
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 1,154 Posts
                      • 109 Posts
                      Woocommerce is the BEST solution for eCommerce. It is unbeatable with the help of plugins related to Woocommerce.
                        My Proudly Powerd By Modx site - http://irresistiblemt.in smiley Its simple site but its made in best CMS.