We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 338 Posts
    If I go to the Discuss manager pages, then go to the Threads tab,

and then right click on it, I get a blank pop-up,

then if I click on it I get the massage:

Are you sure you want to permanently remove this log entry?

If I choose Yes

I get the message Processor not found: mgr/thread/remove

Is this just not finished?

Has anyone had a better experience?
    Is there a way to delete threads from the manager page?

Cheers
    Mike
      • 1,154 Posts
      Hi Mike:

Sorry I missed this thread, it must have snuck by on me.

Yes, that's totally right, I get the same result. But, you can still delete threads from another way, I am pretty sure about this, if you need the details just ask. I think its by going into the boards and then threads...to be honest I can't remember clearly but I am fairly sure there is a way to delete threads.

Have you found a workaround so far? I have not had this trouble to delete but have seen the blank message box and that error, but was able to work around it somehow.

I would suggest that one possibility is to look from the moderator bar within the forum rather than the manager, I remember it is a bit strange that management seems to happen at both the mod level and the manager level. But I am sure there is a way to do this successfully, in my testing I definitely was able to delete threads, and it was not though that blank pop up.

• 338 Posts
        Hi Andrew,

Ok thanks for the hint smiley

I hadn't looked at it since, but yes, you are right, there is another way to delete posts:

Extras > Discuss > Users > right click 'Update User' > Go to the Posts tab > right click the post you want to delete > choose 'Remove Post' > Save

It doesn't immediately disappear but if you refresh the page it will be gone.

Cheers
        Mike
          • 1,154 Posts
          Ah good, you did find a way around the problem. I knew there had to be, because I never really noticed this bug until I happened upon it. If I had been frustrated or slowed down because of it, I would remember haha.

I still think that is not the easiest way to do this though, are you using the moderator bar as admin within the forum? Because that allows you to "nuke" posts directly, the only complaint as i remember is that you can't delete the whole thread at the thread level but must open the thread and delete the posts. I do not know what happens to reply posts if a thread is deleted.

Keep in mind your status as an admin of the MODX install does not give you admin or mod rights within the forum. To do so, you should put your user name in the list of mods/admins in system settings. Then you will see the mod bar at the very bottom of the page when in the post level, ie you won't see it when looking at the list of threads, but go into one thread and it will appear.

Let me know how things are going on when you can. I have been busy but we are going to do a big push soon to improve the forum and get everything working well, finally.
            • 338 Posts
            Ha! Brilliant!

I wasn't aware of it before, for future reference to enable it:

System Settings > Discuss > Filter by Moderation > add your Forum Profile name

So then you can Remove or Nuke Spam (not sure what the difference is ) of individual posts

And in the modoration bar I have the options: Move, Remove Thread, Mark As Spam, Lock, Pin

Remove Thread worked (at the post level) for me without having to delete the posts first (is that what you meant?)

Thanks, I may have never known about that otherwise smiley
            Cheers
            Mike
              • 1,154 Posts
              Great, and thanks for the specifics as well Mike!

I forgot you can remove the whole thread directly. Locking and pinning I think also can be done in another way, I remember them not working right at first but then the bar works I think. Again, it seems a bit strange that there is some level of duplication between the mod and the manager.

Yeah the only reason I knew about the mod bar was that it is in the wrapper.tpl file so I knew it should be there, and its so unobtrusive i didn't even see it at first.
                • 38 Posts
                Regarding the below, I have installed the package, made sure to download another copy, re-upload, replacing files for the component, etc.

My superadmin by default has option to:
                1) "modify | remove | nuke spam" on individual posts.
                2) After selecting "modify" at bottom of post(s), the only option are: "Lock | Pin | Email me new replies"
                No forum "front-end" option to either "move" or "remove threads"

Any users (forum username or username) set in system settings for discuss > moderation, "Default Board Moderators" or "Global Moderators List" are absolutely not being set or reflecting any changes or options. A standard registered member set to be a moderator is showing no options.

Also under the modx manager, under threads, there is a list of threads, right-clicking brings up an option with blank field (no locale or text), yet does delete thread.

As I mentioned I replaced the forum files fresh after noticing this major problem, and kept retrying under different scenarios, always clearing the cache contents and cache.

STEP 2 - ok, so i figure i have to look into the database table "discuss_moderators" - with fields "id | user | board" - none of the users i set to moderate are listed there except the superadmin (which of course would be by default). So the system settings for discuss are obviously not updating the db. Also, still the superadmin defauly sytem user has no privileges to move or remove threads???

??? And thoughts, or help appreciated. I noticed this thread/posts are fresh yet the discuss addon hasn't been updated in over a year.

UPDATE: Also, under the modx manager, the two user groups forum members and moderators, i added the superadmin and members to the moderators group. NOW, a standard member set to forum moderator group/superadmin had the "modify | remove | nuke spam" on individual posts! But only "Email me new replies" at the bottom of posts??! AND also ZERO "move" or remove threads" still..

db entry as listed above unchanged...

Something amiss here.

And in the modoration bar I have the options: Move, Remove Thread, Mark As Spam, Lock, Pin

Remove Thread worked (at the post level) for me without having to delete the posts first (is that what you meant?)
                [ed. note: giantcarrot last edited this post 9 years, 6 months ago.]
                  • 38 Posts
                  Relating to my 'UPDATE' above... This looks like a giant mess.. and looking at the discuss_moderators table, it is not being set at all, and looks to be set with some weird prexisting values on install.

One last important thing, fiddling around: under discuss system setting > filter, Administration. I did set or add the "Forum Moderators" group as an administrative group that I made sure to link to users. Still nothing.

• 1,154 Posts
                    Wow this is all weird. Can you pls check your error log for any info?

I will look into my install tomorrow. You are telling me you can't make any user to be a mod and delete things?
                      • 38 Posts
                      Thanks for replying nuan88, thanks for heads up on the error log, sometimes when we're rushed and busy we forget such things to debug the situation wink

I am going to look further into the issue today quickly re-running and upgrade setup to see if this fixes the issue (even though i am pretty sure when i first set this up, same exact problem where no "remove thread" or "move" options displaying.

I have been able to set user as a global mod ONLY via having the member as part of a regular modx user group and linking in discuss settings as an admin group there. In the system settings for discuss otherwise, not working. AND regardless for super admin account (set as admin for forum too) - no buttons for moveing or removing threads. Obviously there is some configuration issues...

Beyond rerunning the setup hopefully in attempt to clarify and paths, if that does not fix I will dig andtry to quickly trace paths in the component, etc etc etc (i am just really low on time perceivably for awhile).

And I am going to set up a completely fresh from scratch modx install and then addon a fresh discuss.

Will update here.