We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    New install of mxFormBuilder which seems to go ok (done it 3 times now to be sure)

However upon invoking it from Extras -> mxFormBuider it initially loads ok, but on completion of loading the browser window goes completely blank. That is, there are no menus, logos or page elements of any kind (although the page source looks ok). The only way to get back into MODX is to hit the back button on the browser. Tried it in Firefox and Chrome, same result.

Does anyone know what's up with that?

MODX Revolution 2.3.1 (traditional)
    PHP 5.2.17
    MySQL 5.0.77
      • 534 Posts
      Extra probably incompatible with 2.3.1, would have a look into it, but I cannot find any github repo for this extra to properly make PRs for fixes... charles MX maybe knows more about the "why no repo"
      • @exside, yeah it was intended to be a premium at one point that's why no easy public repo. I can however get you to a private one.

I need to find the root cause for the menu issue, its intermittent in all my efforts.

Cheers
          Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
          Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
          • 299 Posts
          Any plans to update compatibility with 2.3?
            • 534 Posts
            I have a quite modified/bugfixed version of mxFormBuilder-1.0.0-pl working in 2.3, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it, what do you think @CharlesMx
              • 299 Posts
              Quote from: exside at Oct 17, 2014, 09:27 AM
              I have a quite modified/bugfixed version of mxFormBuilder-1.0.0-pl working in 2.3, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it, what do you think @CharlesMx

I believe no response for 24-hours means yes.
                • 4 Posts
                Quote from: exside at Oct 17, 2014, 09:27 AM

Do you want to share your modified version of mxFormBuilder with us please...
                • I am bumping this as my choice in the next week is either attempt to fix the issues with mxfb in 2.3 (multi-select dropdowns) or have to figure out a different solution (which would not be ideal since the client knows how to work with mxfb)

The issue I am seeing in 2.3.1 is that the multi-select boxes are not rendering properly (clicking or typing give no options, on Update window, the current values are not displayed).

The initial issue with the Users menu is the changing of the security/user/getlist code. But modifying that to the new 2.3 format still doesn't fix superboxselect rendering. [ed. note: dvstudiosinc last edited this post 9 years, 3 months ago.]
                    • 4 Posts
                    Quote from: dvstudiosinc at Dec 27, 2014, 01:47 PM
                    I am bumping this as my choice in the next week is either attempt to fix the issues with mxfb in 2.3 (multi-select dropdowns) or have to figure out a different solution (which would not be ideal since the client knows how to work with mxfb)

The issue I am seeing in 2.3.1 is that the multi-select boxes are not rendering properly (clicking or typing give no options, on Update window, the current values are not displayed).

The initial issue with the Users menu is the changing of the security/user/getlist code. But modifying that to the new 2.3 format still doesn't fix superboxselect rendering.

Hi Jason,

Do you already have a bugfixed version of MxFormBuilder. The biggest problem I have is that I can't manage the formfields of a form in backendview of MxFormBuilder in ModX 2.3.2.

Nico
                    • I am still working on fixing my issues with the manager interface. since this isnt a public git, whatever i fix wont be available in extra form since Charles would need to pull the changes in. i believe he plans to make this a premium extra so we are waiting for him to make updates to the code.

that said, I'll continue to post my increment fixes by file/line to keep this rolling.

What is going on with your error exactly? My fixes have dealt more with the "owners" drop down and it pulling the values from the database when updating a form (it saved fine, but would not repopulate if I reopened the form to edit).

[ed. note: dvstudiosinc last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]