We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hello,

(I guess) since I updated Articles to 1.7.8 (MODX at 2.2.15) the RSS feed for me is broken and delivers front page HTML instead.

Is there any way to find the problem? Error log is empty. An issue in Guthup is filed (not by me) ten days ago, but with no reaction by now. Anything I can do when I think I cannot find a fix myself?

https://github.com/modxcms/Articles/issues/98

Is this a common problem, is this a problem for all 1.7.8/2.2.15 users or is it only happening on special configurations? May some users report, if theirs is working?

Regards,
    Thorsten
      • 138 Posts
      Quote from: high-fidelity at Aug 07, 2014, 07:15 AM
      Hello,

(I guess) since I updated Articles to 1.7.8 (MODX at 2.2.15) the RSS feed for me is broken and delivers front page HTML instead.

Is there any way to find the problem? Error log is empty. An issue in Guthup is filed (not by me) ten days ago, but with no reaction by now. Anything I can do when I think I cannot find a fix myself?

https://github.com/modxcms/Articles/issues/98

Is this a common problem, is this a problem for all 1.7.8/2.2.15 users or is it only happening on special configurations? May some users report, if theirs is working?

Regards,
      Thorsten

Hi

I have the same issue.

Webdesigner and musician.
        • 223 Posts
        Same here. I'm using Modx 2.3.1 and Articles 1.7.8.

Heard anything on this?
          Nick Hoag
          Creative Partner
          The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
          • 138 Posts
          Quote from: presson83 at Aug 28, 2014, 06:05 PM
          Same here. I'm using Modx 2.3.1 and Articles 1.7.8.

Heard anything on this?

Nothing at the moment. But I am almost certain it comes from the news version of Articles.
            • 2 Posts
            Any news? RSS feed still not working.

Modx 2.3.1-pl
            Articles 1.7.8-pl
              • 138 Posts
              Quote from: mariush at Oct 02, 2014, 08:17 AM
              Any news? RSS feed still not working.

Modx 2.3.1-pl
              Articles 1.7.8-pl

Still not working for me too.

Is there a way to contact the person who created the plugin ?
              • Articles was created by @splittingred who is now working at BigCommerce. He doesn't actively develop any Extras for MODX at this time.

We've been seeking developers to adopt his Extras and many have been adopted, however, the confounding issue is that a number of more generic Extras combinations like Collections+Tagger+getResources are actually more efficient and effective than Articles was so the interest in rekindling development on it is limited at best.

I know that @theboxer is working to find volunteers to adopt the abandoned extras.

Articles is a great and simple Extra that time may have passed.
                  Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                  • 138 Posts
                  Hi, here is a quick fix.

You'll have to manually create a resource ( RSS and empty template ):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                  <rss version="2.0" xml:lang="en-US">
                  <channel>
                    <title>[[++site_name]]</title>
                    <link>[[~[[*id]]?scheme=`full`]]</link>
                    <description>[[*description:cdata]]</description>
                    <language>en</language>
                    <copyright>Copyright [[+year]] by [[++site_admin]]. All Rights Reserved.</copyright>
                    <ttl>120</ttl>
                  [[getResources?
                    &tpl=`rssItem`
                    &parents=`XX`
                    &depth=`5`
                    &limit=`10`
                    &includeContent=`1`
                    &includeTVs=`1`
                    &showHidden=`1`
                    &hideContainers=`1`
                  ]]
                  </channel>
                  </rss>

And here is the Chunk

<item>
                    <title>[[+pagetitle]]</title>
                    <link>[[~[[+id]]? &scheme=`full`]]</link>
                    <description>
                  [[+content:cdata]]
                    </description>
                    <pubDate>[[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S %z`]]</pubDate>
                    <guid isPermaLink="false">[[~[[+id]]? &scheme=`full`]]</guid>
                    <dc:creator>
                        [[+createdby:userinfo=`fullname`]]
                    </dc:creator>
                  </item>

• 6 Posts
                    Quote from: smashingred at Oct 02, 2014, 02:43 PM
                    We've been seeking developers to adopt his Extras and many have been adopted, however, the confounding issue is that a number of more generic Extras combinations like Collections+Tagger+getResources are actually more efficient and effective than Articles was so the interest in rekindling development on it is limited at best.
                    This is sad, I don't really like to completely redo the mid-size blog in a live site (I guess I'll try "quick fix" workaround for that). But I may try on a site in development, but I guess not every common blog feature must be recoded by anyone again and again. Are the tutorials or alike recommended? Only found MODX-Light-Blog by now. Any migration path?

Support for such a basic feature like blog should get more attention to help end users, I think. [ed. note: high-fidelity last edited this post 9 years, 6 months ago.]
                      • 59 Posts
                      Quote from: smashingred at Oct 02, 2014, 02:43 PM
                      Articles was created by @splittingred who is now working at BigCommerce. He doesn't actively develop any Extras for MODX at this time.

I know that @theboxer is working to find volunteers to adopt the abandoned extras.

Articles is a great and simple Extra that time may have passed.

Do you mean to say that Articles is not beeing actively developed or maintained anymore? If so this is not good news as I recently migrated on of my clients articles from their in-house system to Articles.

Does anyone know if there are som Extras that can fill the space of Articles? I could also consider contributing, but as I have a full time job it might be hard for me to find the time.