We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Yes as i understand when you change permissions you must always flush sessions.

Yeah its a weird approach because some functions are in the mod bar, and some are within the manager. I just tried merge and move threads, both worked fine. But in totally different places haha.

What are you going to do for permissions and classes? I have been thinking about that recently.
      • 68 Posts
      I can't even find the merge button, and wheres the mod bar meant to be? I think my moderator permissions are messed up

ah I've found the mod bar, I'de accidentally removed it from the wrapper.tpl, but still can't find the merge button! [ed. note: natedin last edited this post 9 years, 11 months ago.]
        • 1,154 Posts
        merge is for boards or categories, its inside the manager, under components-->discuss, and then board view, right click, and merge, then it gives you another dialog to choose the board to merge into, and then you can also delete the merged category or leave it or couple other things.

For me, it seems to support drag and drop for categories between different sections, but it doesn't stay where its put. Instead, i have to edit that board and choose the proper section for it.
          • 1,154 Posts
          Yeah wrapper.tpl is where most of the fun is. But what is cool is you can hook your own stuff into many of the small templates like the sidebar. Search is a great template to put snippets to provide info to your users, for example.

I want to develop the profile a lot as well, I figure users like that. But one thing I have to figure out is how users can upload avatars or pics for their profile, now its just set to use gravatar.