We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 68 Posts
    Hi,

I've recently installed Discuss on a website, everything seems to be working fine apart from I cannot set threads/topics as pinned or locked as it won't save. The post & message will be submitted but just as a normal post without any of the addition settings. Modifying the post and changing it also doesn't save.

Also one more problem with the login always redirects to the homepage, I have the following login code:
    [[!Login? &preHooks=`preHook.DiscussLogin` &postHooks=`postHook.DiscussLogin` &redirectToPrior=`1` ]]

And have also edited Login.php as suggested in this post:
    http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=69967&page=3

Tried forcing Login to redirect to a specific page ID(2), but it still goes to the Homepage when logged into Discuss forum page
    [[!Login? &preHooks=`preHook.DiscussLogin` &postHooks=`postHook.DiscussLogin` &loginResourceId=`2` ]]

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks
      • 1,154 Posts
      Hi,

For login, I use this snippet, which sends the users to my forum after login, which is resource id 2:

[[!Login? &preHooks=`preHook.DiscussLogin` &loginResourceId=`2` &postHooks=`postHook.DiscussLogin`]]

For pinning and locking, the radio buttons don't work, you have to use the mod bar. So, for a new thread, make it, post it, and then open it again, you will see your mod bar at bottom, and use that to pin and lock it. They should both work. For an already existing thread, just open it, that will open the mod bar, and use it to lock and pin.

HTH,

A
        • 68 Posts
        Thanks Nuan,

I tried that, but unfortunately it doesn't work either

I installed 1.2.2 dev version and that fixed the Pinned / Locked problem
        https://github.com/modxcms/Discuss/blob/develop/_packages/discuss-1.2.2-dev.transport.zip

Just gotta sort this Login redirect thingy and its all good!
          • 1,154 Posts
          Ok good to hear. And if that version fixed the broken bbcode buttons that don't insert the bb code around the text, pls let me know. That's my big issue now smiley
            • 68 Posts
            I just tried the bbcode wrap around a link and it seemed to work fine.

edit: not working again! must be something else in the template
              • 1,154 Posts
              Yeah the bbcode has some problem, I am trying to troubleshoot it now. It actually works in Opera for me, but that's it, nothing happens in other browsers.

The parser to convert bbcode to html works, if you manually insert the bbcode. Just the function surroundText seems to have a problem. I hope to have a solution for this soon, will put it in the forum when I do.

Good luck!
                • 68 Posts
                k finally got it working, I had two calls - The second Login call in a chunk in the header was interfering with the Login call on the *content of the page, seems to all be working now!
                  • 68 Posts
                  hey nuan, I pm'ed you an account on my forum with the 1.2.2 dev version for you to try
                    • 1,154 Posts
                    Hey thanks for that, and it seems your bbcode is working?? And other javascript is working for you and not for me. Huh.

I guess I have to use that version as well, without a doubt. That solves 80% of the things I am dealing with now! Great!!

By the way I noticed your system kicked me out rather quickly. It might have been a one time thing though.

Man, thanks so much, I have been wrestling with stuff forever, and this version fixes them all...

Cheers! Oh, by the way, if you want to customize colors, check out my post about that, I tried to provide some useful info.
                      • 68 Posts
                      It's probably me messing around with permission stuff, the user groups were setup all wrong. From what I can tell it's all working now. I've just noticed you can't move posts? Do you know of anyway to move one post to another forum etc?

Yeah I customised the hell out of it before, but I overwrote all the css I did when I re-installed lol :/ time to start again! Thanks, I'll have a look.