We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    I have to install this manually, don't I. Yikes.
      • 1,154 Posts
      but all that java worked for you out of the box with this version, right? I haven't messed with moving anything yet, and I have barely started with user groups.
        • 68 Posts

• Uninstall the current version of Discuss in Package Management - select 'Uninstall' when it asks you
        • Then Remove Package in Package Management on Discuss to it's removed from the Package Manager all together
        • Upload the 1.2.2dev .zip folder to: /var/www/your website folder/core/packages
        • Go back to Package Manager, where it says 'Download Extras' click the little arrow next to it, select 'Search Locally for Packages'
        • It should then appear in the list so you can install

That is completely fresh install, I changed some names so it doesn't say MODx everywhere. Should just work
          • 1,154 Posts
          You rock man. Saving me so much trouble.

Any question about anything, just ask. I know this system pretty well by now...
            • 68 Posts
            You know how to move a post from one category to another?
              • 1,154 Posts
              Alas i don't, inside the manager components->discuss is the thread and category controls, but it seems threads can only be deleted, not moved. And controls over categories also seem limited.
                • 1,154 Posts
                you can merge, though, if that helps.
                  • 1,154 Posts
                  Nope, just can delete threads using the modbar. And there is an empty box for me when I right-click on the thread from within the manager, and if I click, it says, Are you sure you want to delete, but then it can't actually delete it.
                    • 68 Posts
                    Ok thanks, I'll have a look.

I've just done some playing, and noticed that if you add a user to another Category permissions (so they can see hidden forums etc) you have to either Flush All Sessions so they get the updated view, or close the browser completely and then login again to get rid of the session which seems a bit annoying.
                      • 1,154 Posts
                      no wait, you can! its on the mod bar, in the left side, all the way. Move thread.