We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I create my own MODX Theme and export it.
    But when I want to import it into a new MODX installation it doesnt work.
    I have some php errors? The installation doesnt finish.
    How Can I know when my errors are?
      • 175 Posts
      stalemate resolution associate Reply #12, 10 years, 1 month ago
      Quote from: macrapong at Mar 25, 2014, 05:54 PM
      I have some php errors? The installation doesnt finish.
      How Can I know when my errors are?

There are a few places to look. One is in MODX manager under Reports -> Error log. The other place is in /core/cache/log? directory and it will have other information. If you're on MODXcloud, there's also the /log directory.

Regards,
      Tom
        • 12 Posts
        can you tell me how to import theme and all extra with it. I have a transport.zip
        • @naumanahmed19, that's a little off-topic, however, you need to follow the instructions for installing packages locally.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
            • 1 Posts
            Is this possible to edit manifest.php with Modx Theme Packager UI?

I would like to provide:

Changelog, License, Readme. How can I add this content to my theme transport package?
            • Indeed. I also would like to know where to put the Changelog, License and Readme files.

And I had another problem that was not clear to me. If I want my files to come from assets/theme/themename/, and be installed in assets/theme/themename/, how should I specify this in the "Files" tab? It says
              Make sure the target does not include the name of the source directory; ie, if you want the folder "assets/test/" to end up as the user's "assets/test/" directory, make the target be "assets/", not "assets/test/".

So if I used "{assets_path}theme/mytheme/" as the source, and "{assets_path}" as the target, I ended up with "assets/mytheme/" which of course did not work. I needed to use "{assets_path}theme/" as the target, then it created the theme directory as well.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 25 Posts
                Quote from: sottwell at Jun 13, 2014, 05:22 PM
                Indeed. I also would like to know where to put the Changelog, License and Readme files.

I found a workaround to include changelog, readme or licence in your transport package. Just open transportfile and edit manifest.php and on line 5, just before 'setup-options' => '... add code:

'license' => 'Licence text',
                'readme' => 'Readme text',
                'changelog' => 'Changelog text',

Not the perfect solution but it works.

Hope this helped.
                  If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.
                  J Krishnamurti