We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hello
    I would like to create a Themeforest MODX Theme.
    Where should I start?
    Do you have any tutorial?
      • 175 Posts
      stalemate resolution associate Reply #2, 10 years, 1 month ago
      Hi macrapong,

Jay wrote a blog with links to tutorials, the tools needed and the steps to getting set up for Themeforest MODX Themes: http://modx.com/blog/2014/03/19/envatos-most-wanted/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
      Tom
        • 11 Posts
        Thank you so much! I have a few questions:
        Submission Requirements

• All themes must be packaged using the Modx Theme Packager UI
          Where can I find Modx Theme Packager UI?
        • Package Name, Version, and Release type are required fields during packaging.
          Where should I add this information?
        • Submissions must include the generated .transport.zip file
          How can I generate it?
        • The generated filename must not be modified in any way
          Ok!
        • Theme must include all assets needed to generate the site, inside the assets/ folder
          Is it ok if I have all my assets at: asstes/themes/themename?

• 175 Posts
          stalemate resolution associate Reply #4, 10 years, 1 month ago
          Hi macrapong,

You're very welcome! See my answers in bold below.

Quote from: macrapong at Mar 23, 2014, 04:19 PM
          Thank you so much! I have a few questions:
          Submission Requirements

• All themes must be packaged using the Modx Theme Packager UI
            Where can I find Modx Theme Packager UI?
            You can download the zip file from https://github.com/modxcms/ThemePackagerComponent/tree/develop/_packages. If you're new to MODX, these zip files need to go into your /core/packages directory and then are installed using package manager.
          • Package Name, Version, and Release type are required fields during packaging.
            Where should I add this information?
            Once you've installed the package (and refreshed the manager page), you'll see the Components menu item. These items are entered here.
          • Submissions must include the generated .transport.zip file
            How can I generate it?
            On the same page above, there's a button "Export Transport Package" which should create this for you.
          • The generated filename must not be modified in any way
            Ok!
          • Theme must include all assets needed to generate the site, inside the assets/ folder
            Is it ok if I have all my assets at: asstes/themes/themename?I honestly don't know, but you can add a comment to the blog post and Jay will answer back. I would guess yes, but I wouldn't want you to lose out on your submission being counted just because I'm ignorant smiley

Good luck!

Regards,
          Tom
            • 11 Posts
            Thank you so much!
            Do you know any video tutorial about Modx Theme Packager UI ?
              • 11 Posts
              Ok!
              I downloaded the zip from your link, I installed the component.
              I try Export Transport Package.
              Now I have my exported zip named minimal-1.0-beta1.transport.zip Is it ok? 1.0 is my version?

I want to import this zip into a new MODX installation. How can I do this? Where I need to paste my zip? The zip is my template?
                • 3,975 Posts
                Place that zip file in core/packages/ folder, then goto Package Management. and follow the instructions in the image attached.
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • Regarding the location of files, from what I understand, the themes just need to live somewhere under /assets so assets/themes/themename is completely acceptable and one might even argue preferable.

I hope this helps.
                    Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • 11 Posts
                    Thanks!

Quote from: smashingred at Mar 24, 2014, 02:47 PM
                    Regarding the location of files, from what I understand, the themes just need to live somewhere under /assets so assets/themes/themename is completely acceptable and one might even argue preferable.

I hope this helps.
                      • 11 Posts
                      Thank you. This screenshot help me a lot.
                      Quote from: zaigham at Mar 23, 2014, 09:07 PM
                      Place that zip file in core/packages/ folder, then goto Package Management. and follow the instructions in the image attached.