We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 125 Posts
    I have found out something : I found that the mce JS is loaded in Backend HTML Code, but as you mentioned:

"<p>You don't have permission to access /assets/components/tinymce/xconfig.js..."

i set the permissions - guess what! It's working now!

Why is this happening with the permissions? Whay do all other plugins work?

For security reason: What can I make 750?
    Why is it set to not writable?

Great. Now it works! Maybe the migx "arrow" does not show up, because of also a permission problem? js_compress?

AD
    [ed. note: ad2003 last edited this post 11 years ago.]
      • 833 Posts
      ---
      EDIT: (Just noticed your issue was fixed. Yey!)

I'm glad everything is working. The permissions should have been taken care of during the initial MODX install, but sometimes depending on your host -- you may have to manually adjust them. I hope you don't need to go through this again. On the flip side, at least now you know where to look next time.

Cheers
      --

Permissions 755 or 777 are good enough.

As for the MIGX install steps,

15. Click the new MIGX Action item you created.
      After you've refreshed the manager, go to the top navigation menu > Components > MIGX
      This will open the MIGX Management section

16. Click the Setup / Upgrade tab
      There should be three tabs here: Package Manager, MIGX and Setup/Upgrade.
      Select the Setup/Upgrade tab.

'Before this next step, you probably want to ensure that you've created a snapshot of your database.'
      The Setup/Upgrade tab also contains its own tabs: Setup, Upgrade MIGX.
      Select the Setup tab and click on the "setup" button beneath it.

This should take care of successfully completing your MIGX install.

How are your editors behaving once you've done all of the above? Are you still getting any blank screens?
      If yes, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling them one by one.
      Also make sure that there's an editor selected in the 'which_editor' system setting.
      Just go to: System > System Settings and search for 'which_editor'

[ed. note: treigh last edited this post 11 years ago.]
        A MODx Fanatic
        • 125 Posts
        Quote from: treigh at May 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
        ---
        EDIT: (Just noticed your issue was fixed. Yey!)

15. Click the new MIGX Action item you created.
        After you've refreshed the manager, go to the top navigation menu > Components > MIGX
        This will open the MIGX Management section

16. Click the Setup / Upgrade tab
        There should be three tabs here: Package Manager, MIGX and Setup/Upgrade.
        Select the Setup/Upgrade tab.

Hi treigh!

thanks for the hint! I would have never found it there - it wasn't said in the docs smiley

- > so I was checking and finding the tab - but it's empty.

I doublechecked the "&configs=packagemanager||migxconfigs||setup" line but it is all correct...

Thanks.

BTW:

I also found out , that the backend blank screens happen when js_compression and css_compression are turned on because the the JS /css files are linked wrong somehow:

Original thread:
        http://forums.modx.com/thread/83675/manager-goes-blank-when-compressing-js-and-css?page=2#dis-post-465923

thats what's inside the html in backend:

"http://cms.quitebeyond.com/manager/min/index.php?f=/manager/assets/modext/core/modx.localization.js,/manager/assets/modext/util/utilities.js,/manager/assets/modext/core/modx.component.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.panel.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.tabs.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.window.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.tree.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.combo.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.grid.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.console.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.portal.js"

please see the posting in another thread - thanks a lot!!
        http://forums.modx.com/thread/83675/manager-goes-blank-when-compressing-js-and-css?page=2#dis-post-465923 [ed. note: ad2003 last edited this post 11 years ago.]
          • 125 Posts
          uhh...again....

<p>You don't have permission to access /assets/components/migx/css/mgr.css

So now I redid the permission to 755 on migx - and now it works... how can it be, that
          my permissions are all messed up?

Thanks!

AD
            • 833 Posts
            That definitely looks messy. Funny -- It's managed to work just fine for most people though, myself included with or without js/css compression. Your host may be very restrictive or it may just be the browser, especially IE. I prefer FF or Chrome.

The next major MODX release should normally address these issues.

By the way, you should file bugs when find them. It helps the core team know what's not working.
              A MODx Fanatic
              • 125 Posts
              Quote from: treigh at May 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
              That definitely looks messy. Funny -- It's managed to work just fine for most people though, myself included with or without js/css compression. Your host may be very restrictive or it may just be the browser, especially IE. I prefer FF or Chrome.

The next major MODX release should normally address these issues.

By the way, you should file bugs when find them. It helps the core team know what's not working.

Alright. Of course, I don't use IE! smiley Ususally Chrome and FireFox. I guess I took the wrong hoster...
              Well - if I know how to handle this in the future, it's ok.
              But with the permissions, it's strange...

But at least no more error logs - thanks to your great support. Really appreciate.

AD
                • 833 Posts
                I'm glad I could help.
                  A MODx Fanatic