We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    Revo 2.2.7
    trying to create a plugin for SSL.

If i click on any system event and save, it then wigs out, looks like my font just jump a bunch of sizes, and doesn't save. I can change anything else but a system event.

I have cleared cache, and flushed perssions, and sessions.

I don't know if related, but trying to use Manager on HTTPS:, and every few minutes i have to relog in as it says my session has expired.

I did had a host backup restore done recently due to RevoSSL addon trashing my manager login, and was unable to login. So not sure if related.

I also seem to have a resource that is unable to save.

I tried a manual backup / restore of site files, also tried a upgrade install, now when i save a plugin system event, it acts like it saved but never really saved. the one resource still never saves...

Any ideas?

• 13 Posts
      I have a similar issue. I cant edit snippets without the text in the snippets get centered and the snippet is not saved.
      If i try to refresh the page it redirects to my domain and leaves the manager page.

Any ideas?
        • 73 Posts
        I revert back to a whole site back up, things seem to be working as far as plugin events. though some resources randomly dont save. if i paste in a bunch of content, page wont save, but i can add in a little bit at a time. total content is just a few paragraphs.. seems to only be one some resources, others have no problems at all....

• Have you looked into server security issues? This kind of thing can happen if mod_security or suhosin is configured to refuse certain words like "select". Hosting companies often mess around with these settings without notifying anybody. There is a log kept of all refusals, so you can find out if it is the problem and get the hosting company to fix it (or not, in some cases, if they refuse).
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 73 Posts
            seemingly unable to save to multiple pages now, even new resources i'm creating. ID's over 90. I'm just trying to save plain text in a page resource, text is copied to notepad, and then to resource. i can input about 1.5 paragraphs and then it will not save anymore. i tried the options in http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/What_is_mod_security_and_how_does_it_affect_me but all of them give me a server 500 error, so i guess i cant modify it, i'm debating containg the host to put in a exception for the manager/index.php

but everything was working ok before with modx 2.2.6, not sure if it's 2.2.7 issue. or perhaps host changed some stuff as they like to do... but never had issues with this host and multiple sites over 3 years now.

have done the following as well.
            Delete all files in the core/cache directory , in manager clear cache and flush.
            Clear your browser cache and cookies
            Run Setup

turned off rich text
            and turned off compress css, and js in system settings.

same issues unable to save plain text in a resource.

nothing is in error log..

http://forums.modx.com/thread/79742/revo-2-2-4-hangs-when-saving-a-resource?page=4 has the same issues as me, tried quick edit, and that works and saves just fine.

hmmm...
              • 73 Posts
              hmm looks like perhaps more of a server issue.

from my host support chat..

It sounds like it is an issue server side with mod_security. Due to the recent attacks
              http://forums.site5.com/showthread.php?t=38008
              several stronger rules had to be added to combat them. This may be interfereing with your site.

So looks like i'll have them make a exception for manager/index.phpo for the mod_security

hope this is a issuee.

also quick edit says it saves but it really doesn't... going back to the page has no new content...
                • 73 Posts
                looking like things have been fixed, the site was getting a false positive for a mod security rule for adult content. which the site does has more adult oriented content... but info was being pulled from the CDC that i was trying to enter in, which would explain why it wasn't getting saved smiley

so far i have been able to add all my educational pages... without issue. so will see how it goes from there.
                  • 13 Posts
                  I have just been in contact with Site5 which have had some issues. They disables modsec entirely for my site and now everything works just fine smiley Hope this can help others
                    • 73 Posts

I'm still having a few issues...

i have found one resource that wont save no matter what. even if i tried to remove all the content from the resource it wont save.. so far only one i have found this to happen on

i have also found that if i try to input some google adsense code into my side bars that the resource then doesn't save as well. sidebar template variable uses tinymce for what it's worth. I can put other content into the side bar with no issue

I asked site5 to make sure they have the following set for me.

Setting filtering to allow MODx manager main source file to execute over security settings
                    Open your .htaccess file(s) and add the following to it.
                    SecFilterEngine On
                    SecFilterSelective "REQUEST_URI" "/manager/index.php" "allow,nolog"

i guess worse case disable it entirely for the site...
                      • 73 Posts
                      Host ended up disabling mod_security for the whole account, and things work just fine now.. they told me they could not disable it for manager/index.php