We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 305 Posts
    Awesome Charles, the images are perfect and your explanation is clear. My problem was I just didn't know what to do with the SPAM form field. It's a hidden feature, and playing around with the button is not obvious unless someone knew it was a hidden method. Now I know.

I use reCAPTCHA. I only use it because well.. other platforms also have add-ons or plugins that also use reCAPTCHA. So for a non-devolper like me, its easy to add on with instructions and the right extra. Personally the reCAPTHCA images are too hard to read even for and able minded human. Have to hit refresh many times to get an image that a person can read. And their audio sounds like someone with a full mouth and mumbling. I just cannot hear it. Wish they had simpler images like in the past.

My only reason for wanting reCAPTCHA was I have been hit hundreds of times in seconds in the past. Now I will not use a form without some form of bot prevention. I personally do not have to have reCAPTCHA just sometime to stop automated bots. The simpler for the users the better.

Now that I know that your solution will help keep these at bay, I am likely to use it again. thank you.
      Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
    • Please let me know if you run into any other issues or concerns. Thanks for giving it a try and I look forward to your continued feedback.

Cheers
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 305 Posts
        charles,

One more issue I was having just dawned on me. Please forgive my terminology as I am recalling this from memory, so my labels may be a little off.

Every one of the form fields was showing the "Custom Error Message" in red to the right of each form field. The forms that did not have this custom error message and/or validation rules also has some generic text displayed in red on the front end. I was trying to figure our why this message was showing before the submit button was hit? Any why any error message was showing when I did not add any text to this box in admin?

This text is usually hidden until the submit button is clicked and then onlly show is the verification rules are not met. I played around with this a bid, but was never able to see form fields without these messages. Am I missing something here?
          Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
        • I had originally designed it that way to provide detailed input instructions/requirements to users prior o submitting the form. Then if they submit the form and there are errors the additional error messages are displayed above the form along with the current messages to the right. The messages are driven by the fields properties for min/max text length, min/max value, required, custom regular expression and standard validation rules. In the next release this will be a configuration item to disable the default display of input filters/validation sets and only display after submission.

Cheers

Quote from: wbbuilder at Nov 18, 2013, 10:09 PM
          charles,

One more issue I was having just dawned on me. Please forgive my terminology as I am recalling this from memory, so my labels may be a little off.

Every one of the form fields was showing the "Custom Error Message" in red to the right of each form field. The forms that did not have this custom error message and/or validation rules also has some generic text displayed in red on the front end. I was trying to figure our why this message was showing before the submit button was hit? Any why any error message was showing when I did not add any text to this box in admin?

This text is usually hidden until the submit button is clicked and then onlly show is the verification rules are not met. I played around with this a bid, but was never able to see form fields without these messages. Am I missing something here?
            • 305 Posts
            Aha. Makes sense now. The message lettering in red confused me, I just assumed it was the error message due to color and location. Looks like when the new release comes out, I will want to definately install. Whenever this time comes, would you plese post in this forum? So all of us will know to install/upgrade. Thank you for your time.
              • 2 Posts
              Hi Charles,

I have had an issue on multiple sites (after reinstalls even) with mxFormBuilder dropping the value from the "Owners:" option. Not sure if this is an issue that has to do with caching, but it seems to be a random (but frequent) occurrence.

I appreciate you taking time to answer questions on this forum.
                • 1 Posts
                Hi Charles,

I am having the same problem as stevehtz. The values in the "Owners" option keep dropping. We are not in production with our install yet and are trying to work out kinks like this. Is there a solution?

Also, it seems that submissions sometimes do not actually submit to the database. I have not found a pattern. It seems random at this point.

I appreciate any feedback/advice you can provide.

Thanks.
                • Quote from: snshoutz at Jan 17, 2014, 09:55 PM
                  Hi Charles,

I have had an issue on multiple sites (after reinstalls even) with mxFormBuilder dropping the value from the "Owners:" option. Not sure if this is an issue that has to do with caching, but it seems to be a random (but frequent) occurrence.

I appreciate you taking time to answer questions on this forum.

When you say its dropping the value are you referring to the form edit window not displaying the owners?
                    • 129 Posts
                    Hello Charles,

I am planning to build a form that uses "progressive profiling", ie if the visitor has already completed a form, we don't ask for the same information again, instead we ask for different info.

I am planning on doing this with a prehook, and just alter the form fields prior to rendering. However, I saw the Conditional Group field, and was wondering if I could use this somehow.

I cannot find any docs or reference to this field - can you point me in the direction of documentation, or let me know how it works?

Thanks,

Paul
                    • Paul, I know it's been a long time since you posted this, but wanted to check-in with you. I can certainly help in getting this setup as I have variations of this working as a progressive fashion on other sites.

Cheers

Quote from: paulkoan at Mar 12, 2014, 03:15 AM
                      Hello Charles,

I am planning to build a form that uses "progressive profiling", ie if the visitor has already completed a form, we don't ask for the same information again, instead we ask for different info.

I am planning on doing this with a prehook, and just alter the form fields prior to rendering. However, I saw the Conditional Group field, and was wondering if I could use this somehow.

I cannot find any docs or reference to this field - can you point me in the direction of documentation, or let me know how it works?

Thanks,

Paul