We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Cristian, did you install CC via the package manager?

I've seen that error before but only with manual installs where the addon files are outside the MODX web root.
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • 328 Posts
      I resolve the problem. I truncete the session table e ri-run the setup then work.
      • Glad to hear smiley
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 8 Posts
          Hello, prompt, please. This component enables you to create something like the quick settings site, right?

I am wondering whether it is possible with the help of this component to create individual settings for users?

For example, User-1 wants to print on the site was Verdana, background - light gray, and line spacing - 1.15. A 2-user wants to print content displayed OpenSans, background - transparent blue, line spacing - 2, etc. Different properties of CSS.

How to make them to get personalized view for the site through binding to the user id? It's about customizing the interface to a specific user, so that other visitors are not affected.

Is it possible to make this component, or the decision can be found somewhere else?

From SW. Alexey.

PS: My knowledge of English is woefully small, because translation is done using GoogleTranslate.
          ----------------------
          ----------------------
          Здравствуйте, подскажите, пожалуйста. Этот компонент дает возможность создать что-то вроде быстрых настроек сайта, правильно?

Меня интересует возможно ли при помощи этого компонента создать индивидуальные настройки для пользователей?

Например, Пользователь-1 хочет, чтобы шрифт на сайте был Verdana, фон - Светло-серый, а интервал между строками - 1,15. А Пользователь-2 хочет, чтобы контент отображался шрифтом OpenSans, фон - прозрачно-голубой, интервал между строками - 2 и т.д. разные свойства CSS.

Как сделать, чтобы они получили индивидуальный вид для сайта через привязку к id Пользователя? Речь идет о кастомизации интерфейса под конкретного пользователя так, чтобы на других посетителей сайта это не влияло.

Возможно ли это сделать данным компонентом или данное решение можно найти где-то еще?

С ув. Алексей.

P.S.: Мои познания английского удручающе малы, потому перевод делал с помощью GoogleTranslate.
            • 55 Posts
            Hello,

I am trying to install ClientConfig locally (WampServer) on Modx 2.4.2 via package management and get the following errors:
            Error adding field cgSetting->sortorder: Array ( [0] => 42S21 [1] => 1060 [2] => Duplicate column name 'sortorder' )
            Error adding field cgGroup->sortorder: Array ( [0] => 42S21 [1] => 1060 [2] => Duplicate column name 'sortorder' )

The install then complets, with the columns finally appearing in the modx_clientconfig_group and modx_clientconfig_setting.

When I then go to the configuration menu, I get the following error:
            Fatal error: Class 'ClientConfig' not found in D:\wwwroot\MyModxDirectory\core\components\clientconfig\index.class.php on line 18
            • @arimanr: that is not something ClientConfig can do for you, sorry. It's for managing settings in the back-end and not the front-end.

@kilroy: the duplicate column names are safe to ignore; just think about what it says... it's trying to add a field, but the field already exists, so all fields are there! Great. smiley

The class error is interesting though. Did you get any other errors during the install, perhaps file permission issues trying to write out the files? Also worth checking your MODX error log to see if there's any details there.

• 55 Posts
                Quote from: markh at Feb 11, 2016, 10:59 AM
                @arimanr: that is not something ClientConfig can do for you, sorry. It's for managing settings in the back-end and not the front-end.

@kilroy: the duplicate column names are safe to ignore; just think about what it says... it's trying to add a field, but the field already exists, so all fields are there! Great. smiley

The class error is interesting though. Did you get any other errors during the install, perhaps file permission issues trying to write out the files? Also worth checking your MODX error log to see if there's any details there.

I did a second test on a fresh (empty) install of MODx and it worked.
                There was probably a conflict with another extension I use, so I will reinstall them one by one to find which one.

Also, I did a second test and tried to install ClientConfig from Modmore. When trying to install it, I get the following error:
                Could not download and create transport package with signature: clientconfig-1.3.2-pl
                Same problem with other free extras.
                • Glad it did work on the other install. If you figure out which combination caused a conflict, do let me know smiley

If you're unable of downloading anything from modmore, it's probably an issue with one of the following configurations on your localhost:
                  - curl is not enabled
                  - curl doesn't know about the https protocol
                  - openssl is not installed (or it's a really old version)
                  - if you're running PHP 5.6, you might need to make sure your environment has recently updated root certificates
                  - allow_url_fopen may be disabled

Please send us an email via [email protected] if you still can't get it working.

• 167 Posts
                    Hello

Strange thing with version clientconfig-1.3.2-pl and MODX Revolution 2.5.2-pl :
                    [[++aConfigSetting]] doesn't work on context start site page (site_start).

Any idea ?
                      MODX lover
                      -
                      Développeur MODX / Webdesign / Solutions web
                    • I finally started working on making ClientConfig support context-specific values. All details on github: https://github.com/modmore/ClientConfig/pull/123