We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I know what you are struggling with - I've been there a lot of times smiley
    So here another hint: in your ftp client, always connect to a IP, not to a domain name.

Are you sure, you're looking at the correct server for permissions? Create a file like "info.html" in the htdocs root folder of both. Write something usefull into them, like "Old" or "New" smiley

I guess the first thing to do is to sort out which server is which. Then: copy all of its contents to the new server, including database. Edit all config files with new path and db connections, that should be it.

By the way - I didnt expect it to be evo smiley
      • 52 Posts
      Hi all, Hi Gallenkamp

Thanks a lot for your help and patience with me.

The problem is solved, the hosting company did not allow to set permissions with filezilla, i had to do it on the hosting control center which they had to open for me.

Now all is finally running smoothly...

Markus

Quote from: gallenkamp at Dec 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
      I know what you are struggling with - I've been there a lot of times smiley
      So here another hint: in your ftp client, always connect to a IP, not to a domain name.

Are you sure, you're looking at the correct server for permissions? Create a file like "info.html" in the htdocs root folder of both. Write something usefull into them, like "Old" or "New" smiley

I guess the first thing to do is to sort out which server is which. Then: copy all of its contents to the new server, including database. Edit all config files with new path and db connections, that should be it.

By the way - I didnt expect it to be evo smiley