We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 52 Posts
    Hi
    I was forced to move a productive site to a new hoster because the old one did not switch magic-quotes-settings to off. I moved the files, dumped the mysql database and imported it do the new server, adapted the config.inc.php file. The site is running under a temporary url because i did not switch the dns server address til now.

When I try to log in to the manager the login page of the old server shows up, i cannot login to the temporary url. Is it because it didn't change the dns server address til now? Or is something else that i have to change? Same with install by the way, i cannot do an upgrade install, the old server address shows up.

Thanks for helping.
    Markus
    • Did you flush you local DNS cache? Maybe your PC still has the old IP of the server in mind.
      • On a windows box it's "ipconfig /flushdns" in cmd shell
          • 24,544 Posts
          In PhpMyAdmin, check the value in the modx_workspaces table.

Also, check the path in the four config.core.php files:

 MODX root directory
           /manager/
           /connectors/
           /setup/includes/
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 52 Posts
            Hi Gallenkamp

Sorry, I don't understand this. can you explain?
            Thanks.

Quote from: gallenkamp at Dec 25, 2012, 10:21 PM
            On a windows box it's "ipconfig /flushdns" in cmd shell
              • 52 Posts
              Hi Bob Ray

I am working with Evo 1.07 so I do not have a modx_workspaces table. I changed the server settings in config.inc.php and the site is working, just the login and install (upgrade) is not working.

Could it be that it will work asap I change the dns server settings with the registrar?

Quote from: BobRay at Dec 26, 2012, 07:07 AM
              In PhpMyAdmin, check the value in the modx_workspaces table.

Also, check the path in the four config.core.php files:

 MODX root directory
               /manager/
               /connectors/
               /setup/includes/
              • You write that you are directed to the old login screen, on the old server, right? That means, that your local copy of the "internationonal domains-to-ip-addresses telephone book" has still the old ip address for your domain. If you changed the DNS-record for your domain to point to another server (another ip address), you're not finished. It might take some time for your local DNS cache to realize, that the domain leads somewhere else now.

So, if you flush your local DNS cache, your client machine (where you're reading this right now) might ask the big telephone book for the current address and get the correct answer. It should lead you to the correct server.

if you ping your domain, you can see which ip address your pc is targeting.
                  • 1,024 Posts
                  Htaccess?
                    • 9 Posts
                    Hallo Markus

Normally you should reach your Evo-Site-Manager with http://yoursite.ch/manager, where yoursite.ch is the temporary url.
                    In config.inc.php you should only change the lines 5 to 12 with the new database settings.
                    Did you clean your browser's cache?

• 52 Posts
                      Hi to all

I changed the dns servers now to solve the problem immediately. Now i have access to the manager and can login. But there is a new problem now with the permissions of some files (assets/cache and so on). The update (1.07) routine says that these files are not writable! But when i look at the server with filezilla these files are set to 777.

What could that be?