We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Your calendar resource is not set to modalView=`1`, but you can go ahead and re-add the @yourPropertySet now instead. You will want to modify the ajaxResource call as well, go back to the one I originally posted.

Use 1 or 0 for true and false across the board for all MODX calls. True and false sometimes (usually) works but MODX is actually designed for 0 and 1. I changed the rtfm docs to reflect this but it still needs to be updated in the mxCalendar docs which I don't have access to.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 98 Posts
      Quote from: frogabog at Dec 19, 2012, 09:18 PM
      Your calendar resource is not set to modalView=`1`, but you can go ahead and re-add the @yourPropertySet now instead. You will want to modify the ajaxResource call as well, go back to the one I originally posted.

Use 1 or 0 for true and false across the board for all MODX calls. True and false sometimes (usually) works but MODX is actually designed for 0 and 1. I changed the rtfm docs to reflect this but it still needs to be updated in the mxCalendar docs which I don't have access to.

Everything apart from the event links opening in the modal window now work, I found what I was doing wrong with the property sets and I think you may have pointed at this from the start, when the property set is created the snippet has to be pointed at it from the settings within the snippet, I was not doing that I thought as soon as I created the new property set and add the &propertyset name in the snippet call it would automatically find it so my bad on that one, just wanted to state that in case anyone else is having the same trouble as me its just the modx learning curve.

I can get around the modal window failure by adding target="blank" in the tpl and include more html to give it the head and body tags ect.

Frogabog many thanks for your patience you deserve a medal.

So this is now my latest calls

Ajax page
      [[!mxcalendar@mx? &tplDetail=`tplDetailModal` &isLocked=`0` &modalView=`1`]]

Calendar page
      [[!mxcalendar@mx? &displayType=`calendar`& &modalSetWidth=`500px` &modalSetHeight=`400px` ]]

• 98 Posts
        A quick update, everything is working perfect I had some issues with the Modal window not opening it just opened up a standard page, in the call on the calendar page I had to remove &modalSetWidth=`500px` &modalSetHeight=`400px` as this for some reason was causing the window not to open.
        Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else is having the same problem, my calls now are

on the Ajax page
        [[!mxcalendar@mx? &isLocked=`0` &modalView=`1`]] 

on the calendar page
        [[!mxcalendar@mx? &displayType=`calendar` &modalView=`1`]]

The parameters I took out are set in the custom property set.

Thanks once again to Frogabog who I would never have got this working without I did not even know what custom property sets were about.

Cheers

Ian