We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    Hi Guys, Hi Bruno!

I've just created a custom table using MIGXdb and everything is lovely and wonderful and works super duperly.

What i was wondering was is there a way that i can use the MultiItem MIGX tv to use as the image selector for a field called images. So i used a a MIGX tv i am already using for a slider and set this as the input TV in the MIGX manager and in my table i set the field as a mediumtext so it can store the JSON from the MultItem Tv into it. This works fine but then on the multi item grid within the Custom MIGX table the thumbnails don't render. Was just wondering what i can do about this.

Or... Is there a better way of storing multiple images for each row of my custom table?

So effectively for each row of a custom table which is created using MIGXdb i need one field to be able to store multiple images like MultiItem MIGX tv does.

Any thoughts, Hope this makes sense and thanks a lot in advance!!

*uploaded a shot as it might give an idea of what im trying to achieve.

Alex [ed. note: alexmercenary last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
      Twitter @alexmercenary
      • 5,888 Posts
      this should work. Did it like that a lot.

do you have set-up a mediasource for the image-field?
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 91 Posts
        Well i have a MIGX Multi Item tv called 'Slider' then a img tv for the 'Slider' called 'SliderImg' with the media source set. So when im in my custom table grid and i select the images it takes me straight to the directory it should but the thumbnails are not rendering on the Multi Item grid.

My json from the 'Slider' Multi Item tv is not getting stored in the Slider TV but in the custom table, if that makes sense? I could give you access to the manager so you can see?

Thanks again
          Twitter @alexmercenary
          • 5,888 Posts
          I could give you access to the manager so you can see?
          would be the easiest way to find the issue.

Thanks!
            • 91 Posts
            Quote from: Bruno17 at Dec 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
            I could give you access to the manager so you can see?
            would be the easiest way to find the issue.

Have PM'd/emailed you the details bruno! Thanks so much for all the help.
              Twitter @alexmercenary
              • 5,888 Posts
              To get image-rendering in the MIGX-grid inside your MIGXdb-CMP-formtab-field working, do this:

Create a MIGX-configuration for your slider-field with name: 'slider'
              Add two mediasource-configurations to the image-field with the id of your mediasource.
              One for context: web
              and one for context: mgr

Use inputTVtype: 'migx' with configs: 'slider'
              Let inputTV empty, since we do not need to have a MIGX-TV for this field.
              inputTVtype: migx with a MIGX-configuration for that field is enough and you have more configuration-options for the MIGX-field with the MIGX-configurator.

Thanks!
                • 91 Posts
                Works like a charm! Thanks Bruno.

I've learnt a lot from that. Much clearer now. Config is a lot cleaner and simpler then Multiple TV's [ed. note: alexmercenary last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
                  Twitter @alexmercenary
                • Quote from: Bruno17 at Dec 09, 2012, 07:01 PM
                  To get image-rendering in the MIGX-grid inside your MIGXdb-CMP-formtab-field working, do this:
                  Create a MIGX-configuration for your slider-field with name: 'slider'
                  Use inputTVtype: 'migx' with configs: 'slider'

Awesome! Just got migx-2.4.0-beta3 installed and this thread helped me to figure out how to map MIGX-configurations to the "migx" TV.

Thanks for this post, Bruno17. Excited for the new options and no longer having to manually maintain the migx JSON smiley
                    Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                    MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                    [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart