We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 416 Posts
    I just installed PageLocker 1.1.0-beta1 and configured per the instructions. I've assigned the pagelocker template to a new page and put the ID of that page into the plugin properties as directed, created the TVs and assigned to the template for the page in question.

I've assigned a password to a page, saved the page and cleared cache (manually).

When navigate to the page I get a white screen with no login form. In Chrome it displays a 501 error, FF shows nothing. Modx has no errors in the error log. If I remove the password from the TV on the page, it can be accessed normally.

I'm running modx 2.2.4 with a long list of common addons in a shared server environment.

Any ideas about what might be happening?

Thanks!
    • On the page you're password-protecting, you're NOT using the lock screen template, correct?

That was a common error people were making with an earlier version. I believe there's a sanity check in the latest version that's supposed to prevent that from causing problems, but maybe it's not working.
        • 416 Posts
        Thanks for getting back to me.

No, I'm using one of the other page templates used elsewhere on the site.
        • Hmm, strange. I've tried to replicate your setup and can't reproduce the issue, but let me see if I can get Bob Ray to take a look at this -- he helped me refactor some of the code for the latest version and may have some ideas.
            • 24,544 Posts
            You do have the Login package installed, right?
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 416 Posts
              Sorry I've not followed up. It's been a busy week...

Bob, I didn't have login installed. I didn't see anything in the documentation about that requirement. So I've just installed login. Now what?

What am I missing?
                • 416 Posts
                *bump*
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  The &formResourceID property of the PageLocker plugin has to be set to the ID of a resource containing a tag for the Login snippet (which has to be installed).
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 416 Posts
                    Yep, I had that property set correctly, still no change.

However, I noticed the directresize plugin ver 1.2 was inserting code into the head of the page that was otherwise empty. When I uninstalled this plugin. PageLocker works like a charm! So it appears there is some conflict there.

I might suggest that the documentation mention that Login be required for this to work.

I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks for you help!
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Interesting.

I'm glad you got it sorted.
                        My MODX Extras