We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Can you get a screenshot up? Host somewhere and post a link perhaps if you can't get the attachment here to work.
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 20 Posts
      Try:

• OK. I think you need to reinstall MODX. Upload a fresh zip file to the server, then extract it ON the server itself (no ftp) and merge all the files into the install folder. Delete the core/cache files, log out of the manager and run setup.

Did you use FTP to transfer the files when you initially installed, or did you extract on the server as described above? FTP is not reliable enough to transfer all the unpacked files, they can become corrupted or missed entirely.

BTW, what does your MODX error log say?

Edit: log out of the manager FIRST. oops!
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • 20 Posts
          Okay not really what I wanted to hear, but in the back of my mind I knew that would be a possibility.

The error logs has:

[2012-11-04 22:39:31] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not cache resource 1

Many thanks

Yosh
            • 151 Posts
            Why don't you try reinstalling MODX over the current install first.

I'd uninstall TinyMCE and remove the package.

Then Clear your cache manually and copy the package over your install, then run setup.

After go back in and reinstall TinyMCE. If it's still the same then go with Frog's route.
              MODX...the Zen of CMS
              "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
            • That's what I meant. Re-install MODX atop MODX. It's not a lengthy or difficult process. Follow the upgrading documentation, but use the same version.
                • 20 Posts
                Okay guys so I tried that. Not luck.

I then decided to check if there were any errors in my core config file.

The assets directory had an extra directory that should not have been then!?

Anyway removing that has brought Tiny back to life.

Many thanks for all your advice and help.

Yosh
                  • 151 Posts
                  The assets directory had an extra directory that should not have been then!?

What directory is that? Share your solution for the rest of the communities' sake.

Thanks
                    MODX...the Zen of CMS
                    "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
                  • The assets directory can have unlimited sub-directories, and they can be named anything you like without compromising MODX. Except of course the assets/components directory. If this directory was missing or renamed while another without the components inside, it would be a problem. What was the name of the extra directory that you removed?
                      • 20 Posts
                      $modx_assets_url= '/DOMAIN NAME/assets/'

The domain name seemed to have been inserted there.

I cannot explain why as I installed Revo from the domain name not a temporary address??

Yosh