We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Thank you very much Charles, nice to see you back.

You have login for one already, I'll have the manager send you a new notice/pw and set you up on the other as well.

In the newest install, I had to remove the mxCalendar call completely in one spot (home page) because it decided to play naughty and display an event view regardless of how I set the parameters. The mini-theme didn't take, displayType didn't work, nothing... only a plain !mxcalendar call worked to change it. In this install I've also done away with modal view for the main event calendar call, at least that way the months display. Modal view for the event itself pulls up a blank modal window here.

The older install is still using the modal view for the main calendar but the months don't work. This calendar displays the modal view of the event fine, I even can style it. &displayType doesn't work here either.
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
    • Can you ping me on Skype or IM? Want to make sure I clearly understand what you need done on which sites;
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 39 Posts
        I'm having the same issue with the previous and next month buttons loading inside the template meant for the actual events, except that it is not AJAX'd.

Was there ever any resolution to this? As pointed out, it works properly on the Demo page.

Thanks.
          • 39 Posts
          Found my problem. I had the AJAX call wrapped in a DIV that put the event in a styled box. Didn't know the full calendar called on that to show the next month.

So I need to look closer to see how to template the events.
          • Quote from: SpaceCity at Apr 08, 2013, 08:51 PM
            Found my problem. I had the AJAX call wrapped in a DIV that put the event in a styled box. Didn't know the full calendar called on that to show the next month.

So I need to look closer to see how to template the events.

The ajax call loads the the entire resource via ajax, so it's easier to start off with the empty template on the resource that is being called in as the ajaxResourceId. Then you can start playing with the actual chunks, which its worth note that there are two modal chunks specific for details as well, one called just "detail" and the other "detail.modal" which is used when the detail view is loaded via an ajax request by mxCalendar.

Cheers
              Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
              Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
              • 1 Posts
              Quote from: thomas108 at Sep 22, 2012, 07:41 AM
              I found the culprit:
              When I remove jQuery with &addJQ=`false` it doesn't work, although jQuery (same version) is already loaded (even in head).

I have no clue why is this, but for the moment I am happy that it works now.

&addJQ=`false` removes also the mxc-calendar.js script.

So one has to currently (1.1.6-pl) include it manually in the template when using &addJQ=`false`
              <script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/components/mxcalendars/js/web/mxc-calendar.js"></script>

I ran into this issue myself, adding the script tag manually fixed it. Thanks Thomas!