We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hello,

when I want to go forward or backward to another month in my calendar, I am always sent to a page that uses my blank ajax template instead of my main page template.

The links for going to the next or previous months look like this:
    http://example.com/blank-modal?conf=%2Cweb&dt=2012-10

I call MxCalendar in my page template:
    [[!mxcalendar? &addJQ=`false` &displayType=`calendar` &ajaxResourceId=`20` &modalView=`true`]]

In my resource id=`20`, named "blank-modal I use the same call:
    [[!mxcalendar? &addJQ=`false` &displayType=`calendar` &ajaxResourceId=`20` &modalView=`true`]]

I tried all kind of settings in the call, but it all boils down to the &ajaxResourceId=`20` in my template.
    As soon as I put it in, the next or previous month opens with the blank modal template.
    (Not as a modal, only with the blank template)

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Thomas [ed. note: thomas108 last edited this post 11 years, 7 months ago.]
    • It's getting me too. Input a new event, and the blank page you're seeing will probably show the event itself. That's what I'm seeing when I click "next" on the calendar page.

But I'd really like a calendar for the next month to show instead.

Wrap your snippet call with the code tags/button here on the forum, it came through blank.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 92 Posts
        Shouldn't there be only
        [[!mxcalendar?]]
        that's the way I have got it.
        • Not if you want the modalView to work. mxCalendar doesn't default to modal view with just the basic snippet call.

I'm not using the &addJQ=false parameter, otherwise mine is the same as Thomas's.

You can remove the question mark in the snippet call if you're not setting any of the parameters.
          Like so:
          [[!mxcalendar]]

When you add parameters however, make sure to include the question mark.
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 7 Posts
            Well, obviously it works in Charles Demo site: http://charlesmx.com/mxcalendar-demo.html

The modal is used and the next month displays properly within the normal page template and not within the blank modal template, like in my case.

I think I'll make a break for the weekend and reinstall mxcalendar on monday.
            Maybe things will get better then somehow.

Thomas

• 7 Posts
              I found the culprit:
              When I remove jQuery with &addJQ=`false` it doesn't work, although jQuery (same version) is already loaded (even in head).

I have no clue why is this, but for the moment I am happy that it works now.

&addJQ=`false` removes also the mxc-calendar.js script.

So one has to currently (1.1.6-pl) include it manually in the template when using &addJQ=`false`
              <script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/components/mxcalendars/js/web/mxc-calendar.js"></script>

[ed. note: thomas108 last edited this post 11 years, 7 months ago.]
              • I never even had that in the call. So hey, I added it. Then tried &addJQ=`true`. nothing

I removed &tplDetail=`` and &tplModalDetail=`tplModalDetail`, but that gave me a white page with no display msg.
                (it's late, did I misspell any of that?)

now I'm left with this call. It functions as before, click next month and I get a list page (but not a detail page). Fortunately I have a future event in the calendar, or it wouldn't show anything I assume.)
                [[!mxcalendar? &ajaxResourceId=`68` &displayType=`calendar` &tplDetail=`` &modalView=`1` &modalSetWidth=`500` &modalSetHeight=`400`]]

The modalSetHeight and width do absolutely nothing. I tried px, and % without any result. The modal view looks better now that I can style it, but it's still huge and I can't see any future months in calendar view.
                • What is your current version?
                    Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
                    Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
                  • I'm using 1.1.6 in two Revo 2.2.5 installations. The second (most recent) site isn't producing a list, although I haven't configured list tpl's yet either. What seems to happen here is the calendar actually disappears altogether.

In this second site, modal view displays nothing except the modal view.
                    • can you provide me with links to these and if possible a manager account, I'd be more than happy to take a closer look to help get these resolved.

Apologies for the delay in response on the forums here.

Cheers
                        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
                        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.