We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    Is there a way to format the paging container output differently? Now I'm stuck with the UL-element, which many believe is absolutely correct. I'm not one them. smiley Sematics is fun but let's not get into that. In general I just would like to have the ability to format my HTML the way I want.

Cheers / T
      • 64 Posts
      bump
        • 128 Posts
        +1 on this... i can NOT find the container chunk or snippet, template... I'm sure I'm missing something obvious
          I LOVE MODX! | greyskymedia.com
          • 128 Posts
          bump again... anyone?
          • Look in the filesystem. Core->components->articles->elements

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
              "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
              Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • 128 Posts
              Thanks frogabog, i've looked through each of the folders in there... no dice.
              • It's using the chunk "sample.ArticleRowTpl".
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 128 Posts
                  Here's the chunk contents... This is the <li> for the preview of the article... nothing on the pagination. Right???
                  <li class="post block">
                      <h2 class="title"><a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h2>
                      <p class="post-info">[[%articles.posted_by]] <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]author/[[+createdby:userinfo=`username`]]">[[+createdby:userinfo=`username`]]</a> [[+tv.articlestags:notempty=` | <span class="tags">[[%articles.tags]]: [[!tolinks? &items=`[[+tv.articlestags]]` &target=`[[*id]]` &useTagsFurl=`1`]]</span>`]]</p>
                      <div class="entry">
                  	    <p>[[+introtext:default=`[[+content:ellipsis=`400`]]`]]</p>
                      </div>
                      <p class="postmeta">
                        <span class="links">
                          <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" class="readmore">[[%articles.read_more]]</a>
                          [[+comments_enabled:is=`1`:then=`| <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]#comments" class="comments">[[%articles.comments]] ([[!QuipCount? &thread=`article-b[[+parent]]-[[+id]]`]])</a>`]]
                          | <span class="date">[[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]]</span>
                        </span>
                      </p>
                  </li>
                  • Go to your Articles Container, click Advanced Settings. Chose from the left side, Pagination. Your chunks/tpl's with the li tags should display and you can change them as you wish.
                      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                      • 128 Posts
                      no no... lol... those only show the ITEMS/ITEM TEMPLATES... I, and tomahl, are trying to find the CONTAINER... the
                      <div class="paging">