We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 118 Posts
    Same error here too. Managing threads don`t work. Still can edit comments in newest posts tab.
      Tassu, webmaster of Valokammi
      • 118 Posts
      And here`s error log:

[2012-03-22 19:38:42] (ERROR @ /assets/components/quip/connector.php) Error 42S22 executing statement:
      Array
      (
      [0] => 42S22
      [1] => 1054
      [2] => Unknown column 'quipCommentNotify.createdon' in 'field list'
        Tassu, webmaster of Valokammi
        • 17 Posts
        Hi, all

Same error here too. Managing threads don`t work.

Valery
          • 87 Posts
          I have the same problem.

Quote from: valokammi at Mar 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
          And here`s error log:

[2012-03-22 19:38:42] (ERROR @ /assets/components/quip/connector.php) Error 42S22 executing statement:
          Array
          (
          [0] => 42S22
          [1] => 1054
          [2] => Unknown column 'quipCommentNotify.createdon' in 'field list'

After checking out the schema I noticed that the table modx_quip_comment_notify was missing the createdon and user columns. I fixed this with a query like:

ALTER TABLE `modx_quip_comment_notify` ADD (createdon varchar(255), user int(10));

Still not working for me so I'm going to take a look at the source in a minute. I am getting a 500 error on 'mgr/comment/getList' though so I would imagine its related to that.
            • 181 Posts
            Anyone able to come up with a solution to this error?
              • 87 Posts
              Sorry I don't recall exactly how I sorted this. I was importing my comments from a couple of guestbooks and noticed I had the resource and idprefix wrong in the modx_quip_comments table, as well as my modx_quip_comments_closure table not relating to threads properly.

Personally I would

• back up all the quip tables
              • forcefully remove the quip package
              • drop the quip tables (after being backed up of course)
              • install the package again
              • recreate all the threads
              • add some test comments, see how the quip tables relate to each other then write a script to re-import the comments

Not very helpful for most I know...
                • 181 Posts
                I was able to get this issue resolved. I made two changes to be able to get this to work.

1) My database collation was latin for the quip tables instead of utf8. Changed the database collation.
                2) My quip thread had spaces in it. Quip would remove certain spaces in my thread title but not all of them. That's why it took me so long to figure this one out. My threads now have no spaces.