We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hello,

I manage the Swedish translation

Enjoy!
      Johnny Chadda
      http://johnny.chadda.se
      "This is a UNIX virus. Please remove all your files and copy this message to friends."
      • 1,732 Posts
      The Swedish translation can be found here:
      http://johnny.chadda.se/data/modx-swedish.inc.phps

Enjoy!

Many thanks zeth.

Best regards,
        xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • 3,975 Posts
        Hello zeth !

Warm Welcome to the MODx smiley

... and many many thanks for valuable contribution to MODx,

Hope you will enjoy with us and with MODx too wink

Best regards,

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • Hello,

Do you think you could update the current translation to match the new language file template?

Thanks!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 19 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Nov 17, 2005, 04:56 PM

Hello,

Do you think you could update the current translation to match the new language file template?

Thanks!
            Hello Ryan,

I am sorry for being idle here for a long time. I have had a lot of things going on lately.

But to the issue, of course I will update the file! I will try to squeeze this in this week.
              Johnny Chadda
              http://johnny.chadda.se
              "This is a UNIX virus. Please remove all your files and copy this message to friends."
              • 180 Posts
              Johnny,
              Since I needed an updated translation I started to update the file myself. I’ve made corrections on the present file and added the new parts. I’m in the middle of revising the whole file to iron out strange phrases and make the language more consistent.

I meant to post it here when I was done, but now that you´re active again perhaps we could team up together? No need to do the work twice. And some parts are quite tricky to translate in a proper way so more brains working on it is a good thing. For example - how do you translate ’widget’? Not finding any better word I used ’pryl’, but I don’t really like it.

To Ryan et al
              While referencing the english language file I found some phrases doubled and some containing errors in spelling and form. Perhaps it’s a good idea if someone went through the file and corrected this. My native language is not english so I don’t feel I’m the right person to do it.

Pont
              • The updated language template should have many of these removed and about a million typos corrected.
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 180 Posts
                  Here comes the updated swedish language file with the new phrases for 0.9.1 added. If you use it with 0.9.0 you will get a warning when logging in but that is due to the new phrases. The rest of the file should be correct now.
                  Please take a look and report any errors, inconsistencies or improvement areas in this thread.

Pont

ps.
                  zeth, I hope you’re not offended by this. I see you’ve been logged in as recently as yesterday, but haven’t responded to my post above. I do not intend to hijack your work. After all, you’ve done most of it and I’ve only done the additions and a lot of corrections and adjustments. I hope for an active process here with input from anyone interested.
                  And I still have problems translating ’widget’...
                  • Pont, which file is it... I see three copies (grabbing the first to commit)...
                      • 180 Posts
                      Man am I clumsy...

I’ve edited the post and removed the extra files.

Pont