We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Hello all,

My first post here! I’d like to start with a big Thank you to everyone that contributes to this great CMS/CMF!

That said, I think it’s quite appropriate to start with my own contribution: a Portuguese (pt-pt, not Brazilian Portuguese: the one used in Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde, etc etc...) translation done with my end-users in mind. I think I covered almost every line that allows a translation, so...99.9% done! grin

By the way, I spotted two insignificant bugs on the original English Language File:

• $_lang[’snippets_availabe’] should be $_lang[’snippets_available’], no? I think that correcting this tiny detail implies altering the manager core, so maybe it’s not worth it
    • Unclosed <p> tag in $_lang[’help_msg’]:
      [list]
      [li]<p>We are planning to offer commercial support services for MODx as well. Please <a href=’mailto:[email protected]?subject=MODx Commercial Support Inquiry’>email us if you’re interested</a>.</p>
    [/li]
    [/list]

It’s based on the translation done by Alessandro Correia (pt-br), but I had to do a lot of rewrites because that didn’t suit my needs (and there’s some points that aren’t quite clear on that translation - see reply to this post).

Tested it quite thoroughly on MODx 0.9.2.2 but I’m sure someone will find mistakes or missing entries on it - feel free to improve it!

Cheers,

JP

EDIT: corrected some minor errors. New version added

EDIT2: removed the old file since there’s a newer version in the full Portuguese Language Pack - see this thread for the most up-to-date language pack
      Got Music? Try XSPFjukebox - Skinnable MODx Media Player
      • 22 Posts
      Hi Joe!,

Just one thing, do you know anything about ModX’s new version and compatibility issues? I don’t know if we can use it with the brand new version yet.

Thank you again for the wonderful effort!
        bs.i.d..e...s....
        Brazilian Portuguese Translator
        • 74 Posts
        Hey bsides,

Still haven’t tried MODx 0.9.5 : did this lang file as i needed to have the manager translated into PT for my users in a 0.9.2.2 install. So it is not prepared for 0.9.5 AFAIK.

Anyway, since it seems that 0.9.5 is coming, i’ll take a look into it and see how to adapt the lang file. If it’s not too much trouble, I’ll do it right away, beware though that right now I don’t have much time. If you do, feel free to contribute!!

Abraço, JP
          • 22 Posts
          Hi Joe!,

Well, this time of the year is very complicated for anyone. Let’s so what we can do together. I’m going to see the new files today and then I come with a feedback.
            bs.i.d..e...s....
            • 74 Posts
            Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!!! Just finished testing the new translation with MODx 0.9.5!

You can find it here

Enjoy!

Feliz Natal!!! Acabei os testes da nova tradução, funciona agora com o MODx 0.9.5!

Podem encontrar o ficheiro aqui

Abraço,

JP

EDIT: updated file to include some minor fixes, mostly to support Ditto 1.0.2 and eForm 1.4.2
            NOTA: ficheiro actualizado para incluir algumas correcções, sobretudo suporte para Ditto 1.0.2 e eForm 1.4.2

Quote from: joeindio at Dec 23, 2006, 12:07 AM

MODx 0.9.5 European Portuguese (pt-pt) translation.

All files with Western-European (ISO) - iso-8859-1 encoding

Includes translations for:

- Manager interface and country list
            - Ditto snippet
            - Eform snippet
            - QuickEdit module
            - DocManager module
            - TinyMCE plugin (includes Official Moxiecode TinyMCE Portuguese translation)

EDIT2: removed the old file since there’s a newer version in the full Portuguese Language Pack - see this thread for the most up-to-date language pack
              • 22 Posts
              This is really great news. Thank you for this.

I’m going to test the next week to see if we can do a pt-br translation as well.
                bs.i.d..e...s....
                • 1 Posts
                where can I download the translation for PT-BR huh?

I’m new at the forum...
                since now, thanks !
                  • 22 Posts
                  Quote from: giovannimcosta at Feb 15, 2007, 01:48 PM

where can I download the translation for PT-BR huh?

I’m new at the forum...
                  since now, thanks !

Vá para o link acima e pegue o arquivo no fim da mensagem
                  Go to the link above and get it in the end of the post
                  http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic=7621.msg70451#msg70451

;)
                    bs.i.d..e...s....
                    • 3 Posts
                    Hi all,
                    any news on the brazilian translation for 0.9.5? I tryed the pt translation but I get strange signs in some words (I live in Brazil). Too bad, so I stll have to work with 9.2.1.... :’( any help?

• 74 Posts
                      Anapolis, maybe a wild guess but have you changed the encoding to ISO8991 latin1 in the manager?

The pt-pt translation doesn’t use the default MODx setting (utf-8), so you have to set it manually to latin1 to get everything to work as intended...

good luck