We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hello

Would it be possible to hide [*loginName*] for certain managers and show it for others (admins only in my case, other managers shouldn’t be able to edit it)? I tried by adding it to my Site Admin Pages group but then I get a parse error when reloading the site. Maybe there’s another way.

Thanks in advance!
      • 4,213 Posts
      Do you mean that you want only admins to be able to edit the Templatevariable in backend? Then check the "Lock variable for editing" checkbox at the templatevariable edit page. Then only admins with role ID 1 can edit it.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 18 Posts
        thx for replying

I tried that and I was still able to edit the login page with a limited role user.

Web access: Public
        Manager access: Public

thx again
          • 4,213 Posts
          Oh, do you mean that you want to restrict who can edit the value of the TV in documents? It can be done by setting up some document groups and then use the "Access permissions" settings at the TV to select the document groups that are allowed to modify the TV.. Make sure that Administration > System configuration > User settings > Use access permissions > is set to Yes.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 18 Posts
            yeah I have that now
            At the moment the document group where the loginName resides is Site Admin Pages (which I created).
            But then when I make the loginName private I get a parse error.

btw, is there a complete list of available MODx Tags?
            thx
              • 4,213 Posts
              What parse error you get? Also post your enviroment details, ie. modx version, mysql version, php version, os, etc..

• 18 Posts
                « MODx Parse Error »
                MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                « Redirection attempt failed - please ensure the document you’re trying to redirect to exists.

Redirection URL: /modx/index.php?id=4&refurl=%2Fmodx%2Findex.php%3Fid%3D4%26refurl%3D%252Fmodx%252Findex.php%253Fid%253D4%2526refurl%253D%25252Fmodx%25252Findex.php%25253Fid%25253D4%252526refurl%25253D%2525252Fmodx%2525252Findex.php%2525253Fid%2525253D4%25252526refurl%2525253D%252525252Fmodx%252525252Findex.php%252525253Fid%252525253D4%25252526err%2525253D1%252526err%25253D2%2526err%253D3%26err%3D4
                »

Parser timing
                  MySQL: 	0.0086 s s	(2 Requests)
                  PHP: 	0.1128 s s	 
                  Total: 	0.1214 s s

PHP Version 4.3.4
                MySQL 4.0.17
                Windows 2000
                MODx 0.9.2.1 (rev 1005)

If you need anything else let me know
                thx
                  • 18 Posts
                  I have some more questions, I’ll post them here that might save a few threads laugh

- I’d like the dropmenu to show another bullet in my ul when the item is not a folder (as seen on this site’s homepage, support section has different bullets) and also show a different icon on the selected item ($currentItemClass [ string ] - tried it and failed)
                  - I’m using the list on other pages (like on the default 404 page) and would like:

• the link in bigger font then the description which I enabled
                  • the description in bold and underneath the link in stead of seperated by a "-" as it is by default
                  • I need to add the date of the item
                  Do I have to copy the whole snippet for this and customise it to my needs?

We’re using MODx for our knowledge base, and it’s going quite well except for these smaller look n feel issues
                  any help would be greatly appreciated (btw thx Doze for you help up until now)
                    • 4,213 Posts
                    Hmm.. don’t know what’s causing that parse error. I tested it my self and it worked ok. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Quote from: k4l4sh at Jul 20, 2006, 04:38 PM

- I’d like the dropmenu to show another bullet in my ul when the item is not a folder (as seen on this site’s homepage, support section has different bullets) and also show a different icon on the selected item ($currentItemClass [ string ] - tried it and failed)
                    All done in the CSS. You can hide the bullets altogether and use li or a background to have graphical bullets.. use the &here parameter in dropmenu call to define what css class will be applied to the currently selected item and then define another backround to that. There isn’t any indication of the items which have subitems, but you can style the top level by "ul li" and second level "ul li li". Look for more help on styling the drop menu here: [Tutorial] How to style DropMenu with CSS.

There is a new menu snippet in the works, what can be styled even more flexible using templates and placeholders. It will be included in the next MODx release. (EDIT: maybe available even sooner)

Quote from: k4l4sh at Jul 20, 2006, 04:38 PM

- I’m using the list on other pages (like on the default 404 page) and would like:

• the link in bigger font then the description which I enabled
                    • the description in bold and underneath the link in stead of seperated by a "-" as it is by default
                    • I need to add the date of the item
                    Do I have to copy the whole snippet for this and customise it to my needs?

We’re using MODx for our knowledge base, and it’s going quite well except for these smaller look n feel issues
                    any help would be greatly appreciated (btw thx Doze for you help up until now)
                    I think Ditto would be more suitable for these kinds of listings.. But you could use dropmenu too if you want. Just use a different name in the &menuName parameter or in &topnavClass. But for getting the dates etc to the list from dropmenu, you need to make it happen yourself.

• 4,213 Posts
                      The parse error is probably coming because you have set some access permissions to the document itself and your "Unauthorized page" is missing from Administration > System configuration > Site settings. Make sure that all these point to existing documents: Site start, Error page, Unauthorized page.